Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 60

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Over 60

Ivans just been looking at Black Balls , which I thought was against the law these days. Maybe he could hang them on the spare leg. They might blend with the scenery , but there again might run riot as not under command. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well i suppose having three legs ivan would be faster than anyone in the QUICK step or even the FOX trot.....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those black balls though might cause problems especially being not less than 2 feet in diameter. Maybe easier to just carry in front, either that or just kick them ahead all the time. saying to himself Quick Quick Slow, Kick the Foxtrotting Balls repeatedly. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th May 2021 at 09:42 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    well john if ivan got it ...he could do a jake the peg ...with a wooden leg ...would be difficult doing the hokey cokey though with marys dangling in the middle.....suppose the song would be ....IM IVAN THE PEG
    WITH MARYS LEG

ITS VERY FURRY COS MARYS HAIRY ETC
    God! you make it sound so irresistble, can't wait to get started, mind the balls may be black and blue, when we get back to dancing, no doubt it will be with two left feet.

New cars, my current car has no handbrake, no physical gearlever, not even an automatic to push backwards and forwards, just an initiating button on the steering column and if you want to change manually you can use flick paddles on the steering wheel, strange at first, but soon becomes second nature. But having had reversing cameras on my last two cars, I wouldn't buy a car without one

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Has those I believe Ivan , but I bought this car for the wife on the understanding that I could also drive. In the past we have had 2 cars and although I let her drive mine especially when I may not have passed a breath test, in the 16 years she has hers I have never driven it. Even though she has cruise control she has never used it, I used to drive all the time on mine. She has always used a map book and not worried about a GPS. However I insisted on this one , and we have a model with the least things otherwise , but it still has a lot of electronic gadgetry. Reversing cameras etc. Hope she takes it all in as am relying on her to teach me you could say. Its a Hyundai and we have always had Nissens and Toyatas out here , Vauxhauls mainly in the UK. There is no door locks as such on this one plus its push button start. Anyhow it arrives tomorrow and made sure its insured. Cant afford a new car every day. Cheers JS Also got a Sun Roof .
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#16 Well in Hyundai you have a reliable car and one that retains its value. I like your wife never use my cruise control as I have seen too many accidents from drivers not paying attention, perhaps I would use it in Australia because of vast lonely roads. In my opinion our roads are too crowded to relax any part of your driving. My car has radar which warns if you are too close to the car in front, this changes as the speed changes. Also has what's called adaptive cruise control which keeps a set distance from the car in front and slows down if another car switches into your set safe distance, on UK roads you could find yourself going backwards! the radar also detects pedestrians and cyclist who suddenly appear in front of you and automatically brakes, all very nice, but I like driving the car, not the car driving me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just had my son and his wife down, and they have been in my Lexus, much the same, so many electronic gadgets, but i am happy with the bare basics, its hybrid , and eventually found the parking break, normally called the hand brake, but on this carts where they used to stow the clutch pedal, ie on the floor and operated with the left foot, only just getting used to it. However it has convinced them to chop their BMW1 in and get a hybrid, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Lexus out here Keith is a quite expensive motor. At our ages would think twice on the outlay, my car was a nissan pulsar and the wives a Toyota Camray . JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi keith #17
    good afternoon, lexus are top rate, and the push to turn us all green is seen by some as the saviour for the planet, and others well best leave that one out today, but enjoy your car and of your reaching another milestone,
    tom

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ref 18, only used one John, would not want to lay out a large amount of money for a new one, not sure how many years of driving i have left in me, even assuming the big fella up above has not called for me soon. kt
    R689823

13. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea, Doc Vernon, cappy liked this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast