Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Re. Keith #665

. I had custody of two of my three sons, the third was in college.* It was beneath the dignity of the two remaining to do women's*work or pick up clothes. So, I ended up coming*home from work and for the sake of peace and quiet*doing the housework myself.
    Cheers, Rodney
    Rodney, I was a widower with young twin teenage daughters, I did everything I could to alleviate the loss of their mother and I cannot fault them for keeping their promises to their mum before she passed away to study hard and they achieved Msc and Doctorate.........but........housework and tidiness, now that was something different. I refurbished their bedrooms, each had their own, to a very high standard, I may as well have just screwed cuphooks into the floor. One morning I went into their rooms collected all the clothes off the floor and put them in black bags and put them out for the binmen. Woke them up and told them they had 30 minutes before the binmen arrived (praying they wouldn't be early) they sure moved fast. Had clean rooms for a long time after that. Funningly enough when ever they stayed over somewhere at a friends, the parents would phone me next day, saying what a pleasure it was to have them, as they washed up,cleaned and hoovered their room before leaving etc. I often said 'are you sure you've got the right number' but it was nice to know that they never let us down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would think that is a problem that we have all faced with the kids, what i should have done is ripped out the built in wardrobes, and they would have been happy with the floordrobe. The situation now is no different really, my two are now 53 and 57 years old, when they come home, within minutes the bedroom looks as though a regiment of Cossacks have ridden through. Some years ago when i first visited them in their own homes, i deliberately walked around the house switching all the lights on, even in daylight, when they looked at me, i told them , thats what you do in my house, but wait till i get in the bathroom in a minute.However when i saw my wife's face, and i know all the signs, i thought better of carrying on my plan, in the cause of peace, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whoopee Woo, a Nurse has phoned I’m getting both my Flu and Booster Jags on Monday at home, best news I have heard for a long time 😃😃😃

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apology, my 681 is off thread, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Apology, my 681 is off thread, kt
    I think Keith that with 683 posts there will have been quite a few off thread, nothing is a perfect circle, even the world is an ellipse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too true Ivan how many times have you struggled to keep mum when people have called the world round. It never was and never will be in our lifetime. Would maybe cause a lot of consternation if put it into the discussion on climate change and just say the world is wearing away a bit more with old age maybe. Sic the same as all of us.
    JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good mate of mine when first married had the habit of leaving clothes all around, not in the wash bag.

After a week or so of no clean clothes he asked why not.
    He was told, you are married now and you mum is not here to clean up after you.
    Put the dirty clothes in the wash bin or continue wearing smelly ones.

He never wore smelly clothes again
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar to that a chief engineer who was a bit tight. His wife asked him for a washing machine his answer what do I want with a washing machine , I married one, don’t think they are still married though .JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Switching lights off, we never leave a switch on, be it light or power if we are not using it. EXCEPT last week, the power Company switched the power off to our house while they put new Meters in, [The ones we had were there since the house was built in the 50s}came home and that night my wife said the bloody alarm clock is not working, yep that was the only switch we left on and they blew the clock.
    DEs
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well we have the Covid variant spreading in Aus, how many more to come is anyone's guess, but at least the Scots know theirs.
    Des

Scotish Variant, atleast you can hear it coming.jpg
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast