Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

You are correct Lewis.* The dregs were transported at one time to the American Colonies, these became the building*blocks that built the richest and the most free country in the world. From Independence onwards, the poor and starving and illiterate*of Ireland, Germany, Poland, Russia, joined the British and poured into the States, including this writer at age 22 who left school at 15, entered the States, proudly became a citizen on his first day able to, and has never looked back, and I have had a life, beyond my wildest dreams had I stayed in Walthamstow, London, where I was born.

I spent 13 of my winters, their summers, six months out of the year in OZ.*(I retired at 46). Obviously I loved*it and the people. I've been around,*it down it, across it, and over to Tassie. I've got news for you mate, those convicts dumped on the shores and told to make the best of it DID.* And did it have the population, and the diverse topography of the United States, it would be just as rich and powerful as the U.S..

The words by Emma Lazarus on the base of the Statue of Liberty (a gift to the USA from France by the way) "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be free.." The dregs, me included, came. People*emigrated from their "Old Country", me at 20, because they were not content with their lot in life. And those that never returned "Home" enjoyed, and are enjoying*a better life than if they had stayed. I know I am.

Cheers, Rodney

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The dregs as you like to call them ,the more modern ones who returned to the uk as didnt like the way of life out here, did themselves and those living here a favour. There is no place for such in modern society of today. The ones who do slip the net only get here through politicians and the likes not doing their job correctly and keeping out . Australia today has every right to choose who comes here to live. Whether it is considered prejudice or not. Myself I would handpick everyone. And return the rest to their natural abode whether it be war torn or not. JS
    R575129

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oz one who is willing to give it a go.
    WE have golden soil and wealth for toil, and those who toil will find their wealth.

AS to the situation in Oz with the virus, all states have their own medical system and they vary.
    Each state has a medical officer, public servant and currently our premier is hiding behind ours sayin that is where he gets medical advice from.
    That is fine, but the only fully qualified medical officer in the nation is the one in Canberra a guy by the name of Kelly, his superior by the name of Murphy is not so qualified.
    But of all the state ones only the lady in NSW comes closer to being qualified for the job.

The worst was the one in Queensland, now the state govenor, who is only a GPO.
    She got the position as she sits on the national vaccination board, a group who decide which vaccines should be used each year for various problems.

But to give an idea of how bad Vic is doing, we have set new records for numbers with the virus, more than NSW by a long shot, even though our population is less.
    More this year than last when we had no vaccine, in fact twice as many.
    But we now have some 83% of the population of the state with at least one vaccination.
    So now maybe you will understand Lewis why we do not think the lock down does any good.

But for a good laugh, our premier was fined $400 for not wearing a mask outside on not one but two occasions.
    He made the rules, he must abide by them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, I agree any one who gets sick with this and has not bothered to be vaccinated is a dead set idiot.

The state premier said al front line workers including MP, Police, Judges, public servants, retail staff in total some 1.1 million people must have at least one dose by Oct 23.

Courts have ruled such is unlawful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder we are in the doo , doo.

But the way we are going with numbers I think we will hit 90% in the end.

But we have to learn to live with it no matter how many have or do not have the vaccination.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife and i live in an apartment for over 55's and retired people. Despite restrictions being eased quite some time ago, we cannot believe how many people are still not taking basic precautions and think it's all past and very little threat.
    The figures in England are still rising and yesterday was 36,000. For many days there hasn't been any day under 30,000. The figures are going up.
    We know we may not become as sick as before the jabs, but who wants to take such a risk.
    Apparently most of the population do.!!!!!!
    We should all be wearing masks and keeping the 2 metre rule if nothing else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Bodiam View Post
    My wife and i live in an apartment for over 55's and retired people. Despite restrictions being eased quite some time ago, we cannot believe how many people are still not taking basic precautions and think it's all past and very little threat.
    The figures in England are still rising and yesterday was 36,000. For many days there hasn't been any day under 30,000. The figures are going up.
    We know we may not become as sick as before the jabs, but who wants to take such a risk.
    Apparently most of the population do.!!!!!!
    We should all be wearing masks and keeping the 2 metre rule if nothing else.
    I totally agree Trevor, they think its all over, but the figures are rising. Just back from getting my Covid booster and the only ones wearing masks at the chemist where I got it were the oldies like me, even the nurse administering it didn't wear a mask..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we have friends that lived in Texas they packed up and came home after many years out there both worked in the health department until retired the press out there is hiding lots of deaths covid is rampant out there?? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have a friend in Texas who refused to have it, then he found out he could not come back to Oz without it so now Vaccinated.

But he told me the deep south is where most of the anti vaxers are, the old republic states, some things never change I guess.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Dennis McGuckin, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Heard a bit on the radio today from a scientist who was atone time working on the Vaccine.
    He was explaining how during research the team found a method to bring some dead brain cells back to life.
    It came about from the virus and how it activates.
    Went into a lot of stuff which went over my head and would for most I think.

But later I got to thinking, brining brains back to life, he could make a fortune in any parliament.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast