Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Brian he will be fine.

The problem with the Virus is that it is here to stay just like the Flu and common cold.
    Vaccination will give protection against it up to about 95%, but the Flu Vaccine does the same but some still get the flu.

The world leaders have to come to grips with this fact, until they do there will continue to be lock downs.

Here in Oz we have been told we need about 75% of the population vaccinated to get herd immunity, so far just over 20% have had it.
    Would have been close to 50% but the EU blocked the export of some 4.5 million doses from Belgium.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hope that the Kid soon gets well Brian, he is young and i am sure strong so a very very good start . May take a wee bit of time but sure he will soon be back up and about! Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

he CEO at Euro Exim Bank Ltd got economists thinking when he said:

"A cyclist is a disaster for a country's economy. He does not buy a car and does not take out a car loan. Does not buy car insurance. Does not buy fuel. Does not send his car for servicing and repairs. Does not use paid parking. Does not become obese.
    Yes - and he stays well, damn it !! Healthy people are not needed for an economy.
    They do not buy drugs. They do not go to hospitals and doctors. They take too long to die, depriving funeral homes of high casket charges. They add nothing to a country's GDP.

On the contrary, every new McDonald's outlet creates at least 30 jobs: 10 cardiologists, 10 dentists, 10 weight-loss experts apart from the people working in the McDonald's outlet.

Walking is even worse.
    These people don't even buy a bicycle!!"
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry ??? #330 ?? What has this to do with Covid! ???/
    Thanks
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

7. Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nothing really but thought it might fit with keeping fit which is one of the ways of keeping the Virus at bay.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thursday we will be let out again, the lock down, number four, will end.
    But still some restrictions, only allowed to go 25 klm from home for the next week, then freedom.
    That will be 154 days of total lock down since March last year
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Side effects from Pfizer vaccine, Covid vaccine side effects: Reports of myocarditis. Funny how the Astrazeneca vaccine hit the worlds headlines because of the very rare cases of clotting but the Pfizer vaccine there is hardly a mention of it. Israel have started to voice concerns about Pfizer now. Still as they say the chance of a reaction far out weigh the consequences of Covid.

China's Guangzhou city imposes more COVID-19 prevention measures, looks as if this virus is a long way from being under control anywhere in the world.

Lewis McColl Guest

So now the SNP have really lost the plot. Cruise ship MSC Virtuosa has been told she cannot dock in Greenock.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...etting-cruise/

So I am Scottish and cannot get off the ship because we are not allowed to berth in Scotland. So I will just get off in her next port Belfast? and then get the P&O or Stena line ferry back to Cairnryan. Either MSC did not do their homework or the Scottish government.
    To be honest the way this Delta variant is spreading cruising would be the last thing on my mind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Covid Vacs

Marian your #335. I think in England we have,in most areas(-my stressed italics ) had it a lot easier than you in Scotland-that may or may not be something to do with 'wee Burney/wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon and her overwhelming,nay overriding Pied Piper-esque -sole ambition to cock a snoot at Boris J's Covid advice, in her attempts to and lead a beautiful Scotland into breaking up the Union in her blinkered quest into joining an already somewhat fragmenting European Union that will most likely not accept Scotland on fiscal grounds,things like Scotland's downward sliding GDP and requirement to join the Euro-she will certainly not be allowed by the rest of UK to use Sterling(actually,just my little joke here.I wonder if little Miss Vinegar Teats,the cult leader, has already got a new name for their proposed new currency-the Stirling !

Now,back to the NHS .I have been pleasantly surprised throughout last year to have had a lot of successful continuing treatment for my Macular Degeneration (wet AMD) in both eyes- an injection in both eyes every two months-I'm sure a lot of you here will be familiar with that.
    Yes,all through the lockdowns-but,not only that-yesterday I received a message from my NHS that they are resuming certain treatments for those on the waiting lists( even though I have only been waiting 16 months) and am booked for a local minor op.on my hand and wrist at the beginning of next month.Wow ! How good is that,and although there will undoubtedly be longer waiting times for more serious joints like hips and knees,it just goes to show you that they are now getting on with routine ops,at least in many regions. Fantastic NHS which I've always thought anyway.

I have a friend who decided to go Private for his second knee replacement(he'd already had the other one done on the NHS) because he said time is running out at 73 and he wants to do a lot more walking about! He was waiting about 12 months due to Covid priorities and so he paid £6,000,which I don't think he can really afford,he got a bank loan to fund it.......
    Horses for Courses. But good old NHS ! they're getting on with it !
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 9th June 2021 at 04:07 PM.

15. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion, thanks for that.
    Yes we do know exactly what the UK has been going through, two relatives in the hospital system have kept us up to date, and news from U Tube of the streets of London completely empty is soul destroying.

But we are only some 26 million with many so far from the cities they will never get sick.

Our complaint here in Victoria is the state gov and the manner in which they have dealt with it.

Our dictator of a premier closed all elective surgery because he said he needed some 30,000 beds to cope with the virus.

We are the only state to have had such a lock down and total lock down time is four times the total of all the other parts of the nation.

An incompetent gov that would not listen to those who knew best.
    Refused to accept medical advice instead going their own way.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Likes Graham Shaw, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast