Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Covid Vacs

I was out for my afternoon walk and I got talking to a young girl who was sitting on a bench with her young daughter. Anyway the conversation came round to the covid jab and I mentioned I was going for my second jab on Wednesday. I asked her if she was planning on having the vaccine when it came her age group turn. She said she was 29 and was unsure whether to have it or not. I asked why and she sheepishly said because she was on the pill and she thought it might make her more likely to become a victim of clotting. Well at least she has thought it through or is concerned about the possibility of clotting. She did say when the time came she would talk to her GP about it. Being a stranger I left the conversation at that. Hopefully her GP can advise her other types of birth control are available!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Pfizer's Covid vaccine is linked to MORE blood clots than AstraZeneca's – so why isn't the EU banning it? Hypocrisy of European nations revealed as Italy admits decision was 'POLITICAL'
    News to me Lewis, but I do not doubt it.
    However the media will only run the story when they know it will have maximum effect.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    News to me Lewis, but I do not doubt it.
    However the media will only run the story when they know it will have maximum effect.

Here is the link. It was posted in the Daily Mail so it MUST BE TRUE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...enecas-UK.html

4. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Me and her Indoors are now Booked for the Flu Jabs next Friday 30th.
    Then its the Covid ones three Weeks later. But also will talk to my Doctor this Friday about the Covid ones!?
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    When we were waiting the 15mins after our vac a male nurse said he had worked in the covid ward at the Launceston Hosp. back when we had those Ruby Princess patients.
    He said " believe me you don't want to get full blown Covid!" He said he was needle phobic but as soon as the staff were offered the vac he rolled up his sleeves and closed his eyes!
    My son knows a medical scientist who has been working with these vaccines and told him the AZ one was the best. My son can't wait to get his but not in the current roll out age group yet.
    It will end up being an annual event just like the flu vaccine. Some side effects are to be expected we had similiar ones when we had the current flu vac 3 weeks before the AZ. My husband is a diabetic and has come through fine.
    Funny my GP rang yesterday to offer me a place in her clinic ( just me not my husband as he isn't her patient) they were very surprised we'd already had it, didn't seem to know about these pop up clinics run by the Govt.
    We have a gap of 12 weeks between vacs here so our next appointment isn't until July.

Victoria if you have a smart Tv you may be able to look back about 5 weeks to the Canberra Jounalists weekly lunch with a speaker, on ABC.
    There was an Australian man who ahs spent the past 25 years with the oxford crowd and he told it as it is, AZ is the best of them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Victoria we had some 805 died in nursing homes with the virus, all had underlying health matters.

My GP told me the homes got $9,000 for each one that died.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Got my 2nd Jab yesterday so far not even as much as a sore arm, 10 weeks from my first one so well pleased with that.

Here in Victoria we had some 805 died in nursing homes with the virus, all had underlying health matters.

My GP told me the homes got $9,000 for each one that died.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thankfully we have not got to the stage here in the UK were Care homes are being paid or the NHS to whack patients.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis I was as shocked by that as you and no doubt many others.

A report on the net yesterday was about a nasal spray that has been developed in UK and will be available here at years end.
    It is not a cure for the Virus, rather an addative which will reduce the level of risk of contracting the Virus through the nose, most common place.

This will add a layer to the membrane within the nose to reduce the risk of inhaling it.
    The picture of it showed some sprayed on a face, looked a bit like cling wrap.
    But it may be good for those who are sceptical about the Vaccine.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes thomas michael, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Who remembers when Pfizer tried a hostile? take over of Astrazenca in 2014 £63 billion. Typical strong arm American tactics. Obviously the plan was to get their hands on the R&D department. Thankfully Dodgy Dave got it blocked , thanks to the Labour Peer Lord Sainsbury told David Cameron he would be politically damaged if he did not intervene.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have just had a ship here in Port Botany which came from Port Morsby where the covid is rampant, and so it was on the ship, no one tested until after the ship had left, so far no wharf workers contacted it, but the ship went to Vanuatu where they discovered the whole crew had it, one died. Now they have it in West Aus from fly in returning Aussies from India, why the hell our PM hasn't stopped those flights i don't know as it is rife there and they don't seem to care much, he says he is cutting down the flights, still they come. They have had to lock down parts of Perth and a town there, hope John S keeps his head down.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 24th April 2021 at 01:36 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

15. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast