Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Yes indeed just checked again and see that in fact both me and her Indoors have had the Four Shots now, plus the Flu one , thought that i was still due for the Fourth but the Wife told me differently! Good Job! LOL
    I do remember now, as after the Jab we still said to each other never felt a thing, and had absolutely no side effects !
    Cheers

May be our old Skin is getting non plused! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We both have had two Covid shots and a flue shot both have had flue for the first time in many, many years, will not be getting another one,
    we also had Covid, bed ridden for two weeks, our son also had it, may have been some connection there as he works in Care.
    WE are both good to go now. We both wear a mask every time we go out. Going for my first Middy in three weeks.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you cant keep a goodn down des ......cheers cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi denis O shea #680
    good evening, its good to see you are out of dry dock, so keep your bottom clean and keep moving,
    like you i will not be getting anymore covid jabs, its not that i have suffered any symptoms with my previous jabs, but i have seen the results on my wifes health, and i have read too much about the vaccines and their effects on certain age groups.
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

hi des #684
    good evening, hope you and your family are now well and in better health, i have just posted regarding my intentions too not receive anymore vaccinations, and i believe you are making the right decision.
    tom

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, j.sabourn, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The booster they gave me was Moderna (think that's how they spell it) so I had 2 AZ 1 fizzer & the last was the booster, I woke in the night with the shivers which got more violent as the night went on it finally got so bad I called my son at 0530 and he took one look at me and called for a Ambulance the medics on arrival checked me out and my temp was off the scale and they had to get cooled down asap with drugs and decided to give it 1 hour are I was off to drydock I was worse than when I got the bug in 1920 and spent time in dock with the same affects afterwards lethargy loss of taste and not wanting to eat generally feeling like a bag of effluent tied in the middle and still not 100 percent, so as I said from now on I will take my chances I'm nearly at the two fat ladies birthday if I get that far, Rgds Den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Dennis.
    Hope you are feeling much better now, I think the older you are the less those injections help, I know it knocked the Sh%$t out of both of us, and we will not be getting anymore, I am past the two fat ladies so you have a long way to go mate.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

9. Likes Doc Vernon, cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its really strange how the Shots affect People in diffeent ways, not nice to hear of Dennis, and Des, both me and the Wife never had any bad effects at al, the very first Shot, just a little sore in the Arm, and wee bit off but naught to write home about.
    After that the following three Shots plus the Flu one , we had not a single effect at al! But yes i have heard other stories from around, how Folk have taken it badly!

Funny that before the Covid , both of us never ever had a shot for the Flu and although i did get pretty ill at one time, as well as the Wife, that was the only time since coming here to Aussie! Only started the Shots for Flu when this Covid raised its head!

Oh well all done now, and hopefully may be the last for quite a while , who knows! ??????
    Cheers Lads keep safe and Well.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

11. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#686. Thomas what type of anti fouling do you suggest for Denis. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #690
    good morning, your suggestion of type of antifoul brings me to two important points ( a) the environment and (b) the cost, so ideally a copper bottom which i believe we where the first to adopt and use for our naval ships and the copper was mined,smelted and bottoms where plated in wales, and the one most likely to serve a possible ten or twenty years, but as i stated the overall cost would be a substantial outlay, depending on the size of the said bottom, that said the next candidate would be good old lead based antifoul and this would see a good return for your outlay, that said just getting out of dry dock into the river past the self appointed, self righteous, multi-coloured, bi lesbian gay brutes protesting about the damages the lead is going to do to the fragile earth will be well who gives a t-------
    tom
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 28th June 2022 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought you might have proposed some British Paints Product or have they been left in Europe and couldn’t get a visa for entry into the UK . Thought maybe Cappy and you might of had shares in the Company. Buy British is the case here , anti fouling comes in different colours today so maybe a mixture of red white and blue and to not get mixed up with dastardly other countries perhaps painted in the form of a Union Jack , Denis May get the job done free then as could claim advertising rights , so will have to run it past him to see how much he wants , am sure as one of the share holders you can talk the others into agreeing a suitable sum . Cheers Rule Britannia , JS
    R575129

15. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast