Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wink Re: Covid Vacs

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    John and here was me thinking it was tw*t, which actually has two meanings the only one I was aware of growing up was - ''a stupid or obnoxious person'' till I was informed otherwise not so long ago.
    Yes,I know there is only one 't' at the end of tw* t,and no asterisk! just as there is only one cu*t in Scunthorpe),I was only quoting what that dunderhead on FB said to me !
    Mind you I rarely used that word,tw*t since the time when as a 10 year old my little brother Peter (God Bless him,RIP ) was being particularly annoying ,something as silly as causing me to sit down on a particularly sharp corner- piece of Lego,and I called him a" stupid bratty-tw*tty" (I was well into my rhyming words at that time). Of course he went srtraight to tell our mother who gave me such a slap -she was a hit first,ask questions later type-in those heady days where you could physically assault kids -that my ears were ringing for ages. I don't I even knew what that 't' word meant.
    It was a few years later that I knew the many different meanings of that word,meeting many of one particular meaning who were obnoxious shipmates,not all of them from Scunthorpe,but deserved to be ......
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 28th April 2022 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Checking my asterisks are in position

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Twatt is on the mainland of Orkney, there was a Naval Air Station there until the end of the Second World War, imagine going around with Naval cap tally reading “Twatt” ��������

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On a hains boat ....at our lifeboat station we had a polish guy called konte...we also had a f hall.....and myself capps plus others .....the mate would look at us ...smirk then say kunt.....the pole would say i no kunt i konte......the mate then smirked and said f hall......i of course new what was coming ......but we all still smiled each B O T sports day even after a few months...R683532 cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wink Re: Covid Vacs

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cameron View Post
    Twatt is on the mainland of Orkney, there was a Naval Air Station there until the end of the Second World War, imagine going around with Naval cap tally reading “Twatt” 😂😂😂😂
    Ha Ha Bill ! Found it !TWATT,Scotland (2).jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi marian #644
    good morning, i know fouros interpretation is correct, ive been using it all my life one way or the other.
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

hi cappy #642
    good morning, thats a cracker,
    tom

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Fouro, Denis O'Shea, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian 644, Must agree the C word is a no no here as well, was amazed and disappointed, started to watch a film *the favourite* with Olivia Colman,and the liberal use of that word, plus the F word, it just seemed to be really bad language and extreme sex scenes, only myself and my wife watching, but switched off. just imagine sitting down with my sons, all over 50 years old, i would have been ashamed. This is a post by an ex Matelot, and have used all of those words among the mates. Could be accused of cross morals whatever.
    R689823

8. Thanks Graham Shaw, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea, N/A, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The last few posts have made us use our imagination haven't they?.
    Meanwhile getting back to the topic, I have just been given my 4th Covid booster jab half an hour ago.

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We both had 4th jab last week, felt a little off colour for 24 hrs, both of us, and then ok. My youngest son is a Mental Handicaps nurse, and has had 4th jab, but tested positive last week. The advice is if infected positive, stay home for 5 days, in his case he was still positive after 7 days, but mild symptoms.
    R689823

11. Thanks cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not only a problem in UK but also here in Oz.
    Two in fact.

The first is our version of the NHS, it works well but is always in need of funds and a constant shortage of medical staff make it worse.
    But compared with what relis and mate sin UK tell me about service levels there we are going very well.

The second one is the fact we are now a multi cultural nation, so we are told.
    So may languages and different dialects.

But with any service that requires use of the phone you must be very converant Indian and speak fluent Phillipino or you will not understand a word of what they say.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Denis O'Shea, N/A, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi fouro #647
    good afternoon, not much change there really, As both require a little prick.
    tom

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast