Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Same as myself Ian, mask on as soon as i leave the house, hand gell in my pocket, i am 81 overweight, and asthmatic, if i get it, even after my two doses, it will be the big wooden box for me. I am very aware that this covid is taking my freedom in the few years i have left, but we have to stick with everything that is sensible, but can still enjoy a glass of wine in the garden, lol kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same here Lewis people ignore the sanitizing stations at tge entrance to the stores. People either don't were a mask or don't wear it properly.
    It's the I know best syndrome.
    Vic

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Re: Covid Vacs

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I am very aware that this covid is taking my freedom in the few years i have left, but we have to stick with everything that is sensible, but can still enjoy a glass of wine in the garden, lol kt

...or TWO Keith! Cheers.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although touch wood we have no Covid cases in Cooma, I have not seen anyone around that doesn't have a mask on, the Super markets have someone on the door to make sure you sign in and give you a bottle of disinfectant to use, on the streets everyone wears a mask. I don't know how many have had the jab but there is a constant stream going in to the two surgeries, and as there are only around 5,000 people here shouldn't be long before everyone is Vaccinated, that is if they leave our vacs alone.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

About 6 months ago Des whilst at the surgery for my flu injection , I asked if they were doing the present jabs everyone is talking about . I was told they weren’t doing any and had received no instructions on such. I usually get written notice to go for flu injection ,so am taking the lack of such as they are still not doing. They are usually the means by which most people are kept up to date with their health. So it appears to me that different areas put different urgencies on different situations. It means very little to me some Polly spouting about the situation , I wait to hear it from my personal locum . Cheers JS.
    R575129

8. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    I don't think it works like that, I had the flue jab in June and an implant in July but no mention was made of the Covid jab, I think you have to make your own arrangements as it is mainly separate from the surgery, I could be wrong but if you don't make enquiries you could be left hanging, each State have different ways.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

10. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well in that case they have certainly gone A about T about accomplishing what they are trying to do. Maybe they think the Polly’s that is , that they are more persuasive than the doctors . They must be missing a large audience as a lot turn their telly off when they come on. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis no one likes to see the numbers, the death rate in NI for the last week is 0.002% of the population.
    The total number of deaths in UK for these with the Virus is about 136,000 or 0.18% of the population.
    From information received from senior medical person in UK all were premature deaths of people with underlying health problems, mainly lung as with Flu that is where it strikes the most.

The world must learn to live with this, it is not going away any time soon, Vaccination to reach herd immunity is the only way forward.

Here in Oz in 2019 we had some 300,000 cases reported of Flu, most likely more as not all se their GP, and 1700 deaths.
    That did not even make the inside pages of the news.

How you receive your vaccination here in Oz depends largely on your GP. Good ones like ours called us in, given the shot and dates for second and Flu shot.

WE have numerous hubs in cities and pharmacies are now giving it as weelel.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Doc Vernon, thomas michael liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi John.
    I don't think it works like that, I had the flue jab in June and an implant in July but no mention was made of the Covid jab, I think you have to make your own arrangements as it is mainly separate from the surgery, I could be wrong but if you don't make enquiries you could be left hanging, each State have different ways.
    Des

Seems a lot is going pear shaped down under Des, fingers crossed you all keep safe.

We thought it was bad here, it is. Hope Oz gets it sorted quickly before it gets out of
    control. Even NZ which for so long seemed safe is having problems.

Keith.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 28th August 2021 at 06:37 AM.

15. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dont think its so much things going Pear Shape here, its the Covid Strain of Delta that is so fast spreading, we are doing all we can to try and keep this at bay, but even Today we again have hit a new Record here in NSW!
    As long as the Population is still not all fully vaccinated here , we can expect that the Numbers will possibly get worse, then hopefully once everyone has had the Two Jabs things may be a lot different!
    At the rate we are going things are i must say looking good as far as the Jabs go, still a way to go, but the figures show that here in NSW we are the fastest thus far for giving the Vaccinations! How long before we all have Two Jabs ?? That is the big question, and all i can say is i hope its sooner than later!

We will beat this , we wont kill it all together by the looks of things , but i am sure there will be a big change soon! For the Better that is !

So dont Run us down , as there are many many other Countries that are far worse than us !
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast