Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Lewis, our federal gov has made a point of indicating that AZ is the only one being sold at cost, no profit for them.
    But propaganda around it has seen some saying they only want the Pfizer.
    Gov has told them Pfizer for under 50 years only and most emergency and front line workers, aged care etc.

All of a sudden with the latest case here in Melbourne the rush to get a shot has blown out.
    All across the nation a push to get it done.

Had the EU not put a block on export of it rom Belgium we would be 4.5 million ahead of where we are.
    Both of us had first, second in a couple of weeks, and no our arms did not fall off and we did not grow a second head.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we all know a lot of the jabs will be sold in street markets not for the people it is supposed to go to anything to make money? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#341 John just had one of Australia's past PM's on Sky news talking about wanting a fund set up for education for women $1 billion $$$$ she was talking about developing countries, I thought Oz was beyond being a 3rd world country lol. I did mention a week or so back I have been watching an Oz tv comedy series RAKE, how close to the truth is that programme politically. I reckon good old Cleaver Green might well have slipped this ex PM one800px-Julia_Gillard_official_photo.jpg
    Anyway Kay Burley(she was banned from Sky TV for 6 months for having a pee somewhere she should not due to COVID restrictions)Kay-Burley-Reveals-Married-Life-Two-Husbands-Satisfactory-Salary.jpg She asked your ex PM Julia Gillard how Australia had handled the Covid Pandemic so much better than the UK? Bit of a loaded question really, Julia did mention the geographical locations of both countries it was always going to be easier to close Australian borders than the UK. What did annoy me was neither mentioned the failure of the vaccine roll out in Australia or the success of the British vaccine roll out.

Talking about Australian PM's you certainly get through them at a rate of knots 7 PM's since the millennium one only lasted 7 days. Does that position come with a lifelong pension?

The UK PM's tend to last a bit longer the shortest tenure was George Canning. He died of Pneumonia after being in office for only 119 days. I don't think he was missed by the French though when he popped his clogs.

George Canning was the shortest serving Prime Minister in British history. He served only 119 days in 1827. Canning enjoyed a fast rise in politics attributed to his intelligence, wit, and oratory skills. He was appointed Foreign Secretary in 1807, a post which made him famous. He out-smarted Napoleon by capturing the Danish Navy. He was lauded mainly for preventing the French from annexing South America. Canning succeeded Lord Liverpool as Prime Minister on 10 April 1827 through a coalition with the Whigs. Canning had become liberal as he supported the abolition of slavery. The name “Canningites” was coined for his ardent supporters. His legacy is that of the "lost leader" because he did not have enough time to accomplish much as Prime Minister. He died suddenly on 8 August 1827, of pneumonia barely five months after he took office.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 11th June 2021 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

kay burley always thought her opinion was the right one she would goad people she should have been interviewing but then like a fish on the hook she has got you the same with getting out of the EU she was a shining light for all the stayers and slaughtered all leavers with her slimy way of interviewing and belittled anyone who had a different view than hers why she got her job back i will never know ? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dont know who Kay Burley is JP , but can see your point of view re some of these interviewers on whatever subject. JS
    R575129

7. Likes Marian Gray, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    kay burley always thought her opinion was the right one she would goad people she should have been interviewing but then like a fish on the hook she has got you the same with getting out of the EU she was a shining light for all the stayers and slaughtered all leavers with her slimy way of interviewing and belittled anyone who had a different view than hers why she got her job back i will never know ? jp
    like a gestapo interrogater.....same as that naga .......cant have a decent method of inquiry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#345, John you are missing nothing with these two, the old adage ''If she was chocolate she'd eat herself'' applies to both in equal measure

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have Never heard of her.

11. Likes Marian Gray, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian..... you lucky dot

13. Likes Denis O'Shea, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lucky brian she thinks her point of view is the only one and she will push your buttons any way she can tries be belittle everyone i wonder why she got her job back? jp

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast