Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Likes Lewis McColl, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Nothing really but thought it might fit with keeping fit which is one of the ways of keeping the Virus at bay.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Marian Gray, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thursday we will be let out again, the lock down, number four, will end.
    But still some restrictions, only allowed to go 25 klm from home for the next week, then freedom.
    That will be 154 days of total lock down since March last year
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Marian Gray thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Side effects from Pfizer vaccine, Covid vaccine side effects: Reports of myocarditis. Funny how the Astrazeneca vaccine hit the worlds headlines because of the very rare cases of clotting but the Pfizer vaccine there is hardly a mention of it. Israel have started to voice concerns about Pfizer now. Still as they say the chance of a reaction far out weigh the consequences of Covid.

China's Guangzhou city imposes more COVID-19 prevention measures, looks as if this virus is a long way from being under control anywhere in the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#333, Whilst I hear what you are saying John I'm unsure if overseas members realize just how dire it has been here in the UK. We have had nigh on 400 days + worth of lockdown. Two separate occasions where we were allowed a few days break for staycations and a few extra journey's that permitted a maximum of 30 mile travel to visit loved ones which you then have to sit in their garden regardless of weather. No hugs or kisses for beloved grandchildren or family/friends unless they were in your bubble.

It is of course doable however much worse than that was virtually all other routine operations were cancelled, very few if any out patients received ongoing chemo sessions and a patient already in hospital covid free or not were not allowed visitors. Those patients who unfortunately didn't survive hospital treatment regardless of illness were then dispatched for a final indignity of a heart breaking private funeral ie no loved ones in attendance, never mind extended family or friends. That only changed to a minimum number of family towards the end of March, six people if I recall correctly. Those like me who had underlying health issues at the time daren't leave home unless for walks within specified zones. Luckily for me there are woods nearby where you might see another dog walker were a conversation ensued if at all but at great distance to be on the safe side and with masks.

My thinking is to be prepared to stick within the guidelines for the sake of yourself and others for however longer it takes. Why protesters on march think it is their god given right to break these rules is beyond my comprehension and they should have been penalized accordingly. The same with folk demanding they should be allowed to holiday abroad.... go if they must, but don't come back. As a nation here in the UK I look at some of my fellow countrymen and think how selfish some have become what is it they fail to understand about the term pandemic. Of course I am aware there are families with elderly grandparents again we have to do what is right and at the same time adhere to the rules tough though it may be. I seriously doubt now whether my own mother with dementia will recognise me after ten months when I was last able to visit her whilst conversing from the car park below her window. Unless we stop unnecessary travel in and out of our respective countries and mass gatherings those of us who have abided by the rules will be confined to home even longer. IMHO Nooooooooooooo
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 9th June 2021 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So now the SNP have really lost the plot. Cruise ship MSC Virtuosa has been told she cannot dock in Greenock.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...etting-cruise/

So I am Scottish and cannot get off the ship because we are not allowed to berth in Scotland. So I will just get off in her next port Belfast? and then get the P&O or Stena line ferry back to Cairnryan. Either MSC did not do their homework or the Scottish government.
    To be honest the way this Delta variant is spreading cruising would be the last thing on my mind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Covid Vacs

Marian your #335. I think in England we have,in most areas(-my stressed italics ) had it a lot easier than you in Scotland-that may or may not be something to do with 'wee Burney/wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon and her overwhelming,nay overriding Pied Piper-esque -sole ambition to cock a snoot at Boris J's Covid advice, in her attempts to and lead a beautiful Scotland into breaking up the Union in her blinkered quest into joining an already somewhat fragmenting European Union that will most likely not accept Scotland on fiscal grounds,things like Scotland's downward sliding GDP and requirement to join the Euro-she will certainly not be allowed by the rest of UK to use Sterling(actually,just my little joke here.I wonder if little Miss Vinegar Teats,the cult leader, has already got a new name for their proposed new currency-the Stirling !

Now,back to the NHS .I have been pleasantly surprised throughout last year to have had a lot of successful continuing treatment for my Macular Degeneration (wet AMD) in both eyes- an injection in both eyes every two months-I'm sure a lot of you here will be familiar with that.
    Yes,all through the lockdowns-but,not only that-yesterday I received a message from my NHS that they are resuming certain treatments for those on the waiting lists( even though I have only been waiting 16 months) and am booked for a local minor op.on my hand and wrist at the beginning of next month.Wow ! How good is that,and although there will undoubtedly be longer waiting times for more serious joints like hips and knees,it just goes to show you that they are now getting on with routine ops,at least in many regions. Fantastic NHS which I've always thought anyway.

I have a friend who decided to go Private for his second knee replacement(he'd already had the other one done on the NHS) because he said time is running out at 73 and he wants to do a lot more walking about! He was waiting about 12 months due to Covid priorities and so he paid 6,000,which I don't think he can really afford,he got a bank loan to fund it.......
    Horses for Courses. But good old NHS ! they're getting on with it !
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 9th June 2021 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion, thanks for that.
    Yes we do know exactly what the UK has been going through, two relatives in the hospital system have kept us up to date, and news from U Tube of the streets of London completely empty is soul destroying.

But we are only some 26 million with many so far from the cities they will never get sick.

Our complaint here in Victoria is the state gov and the manner in which they have dealt with it.

Our dictator of a premier closed all elective surgery because he said he needed some 30,000 beds to cope with the virus.

We are the only state to have had such a lock down and total lock down time is four times the total of all the other parts of the nation.

An incompetent gov that would not listen to those who knew best.
    Refused to accept medical advice instead going their own way.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Side effects from Pfizer vaccine, Covid vaccine side effects: Reports of myocarditis. Funny how the Astrazeneca vaccine hit the worlds headlines because of the very rare cases of clotting but the Pfizer vaccine there is hardly a mention of it. Israel have started to voice concerns about Pfizer now. Still as they say the chance of a reaction far out weigh the consequences of Covid.

China's Guangzhou city imposes more COVID-19 prevention measures, looks as if this virus is a long way from being under control anywhere in the world.

Not generally known but there have been three incidents of blood clotting with Pfizer, two in USA one in UK according to niece who works in hospital system in UK.
    All the news about such has only ben on the AZ version.
    They continue to call it a variant when it is really a mutation, something all virus do.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Marian Gray thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, the only mistake Astrazeneca made concerning their vaccine was pizzing Pfizer off because they said they would supply the AZ vaccine at cost. The EU under instruction from the powers that be in Brussels and IMHO pressure from Pfizer to try and discredit the AZ vaccine. Macron and others slated it because of cost. It became known in France and Germany as the Lidl vaccine. By slating it it helped the EU commission cover up there own mishandling of their vaccine roll out. Typical they then blamed the UK as the vaccine roll out here has been a real success story and the EU could not tolerate the UK doing anything on their own that made the EU look bad. At least that is my take on it. I have had both my AZ jabs with absolutely no side effects what so ever. My wife had the Pfizer also no problems, She asked why not the AZ and was told it is what was available on the day.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast