Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    So would you say anyone who is on income support is a scrounger? What about people who are on Zero hours contracts are they scroungers?
    Well there's the difference between using your mind, and using cut and paste. I know my mind is not infallible, but neither is cut and paste, but using my mind rather than a pair of theoretical scissors to make a point is the path I prefer. I may be wrong, but I think I am old enough and wise enough to sort the wheat from the chafe in what I read and hear on various forms of media. I am also wise enough to realise that some of those spouting facts and figures are not doing it from conviction, but from wanting to appear politically correct or political gain, or indeed both, but do not have the nounce to know that most people can see right through them.

Pray tell where in any of my posts have I called those on income support or zero hours scroungers, as I cannot, perhaps your scissors need sharpening.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A, thomas michael thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Ivan best you read #156, but were did I mention that YOU have called those on income support or zero hours contracts scroungers?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan best you read #156, but were did I mention that YOU have called those on income support or zero hours contracts scroungers?
    Lewis I have no intention on getting on a merry-go-round on this, but it was you who raised the question in your 155, more or less inferring that I had.

Anyway that is me FWE on this aspect of this Covid thread, the sun is shining, it's still rising in the east, so something at least is still normal, so enjoy.

Lewis McColl Guest

Very good Ivan FWE, just as well as you seem to have difficulty in understanding the difference between a question and accusation.
    Doc may I ask that this thread is now closed before it does get out of hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#162 The messroom discussions moved in all directions, much as on here, some heated, most not, we learnt to live with it, as we considered ourselves men of the world, and not a Women's Institute. After the messroom we moved on and got on with our jobs together with no animosity. As for kindness, we knew it was inherent in all of us, we just didn't wear it as a flag, if a crew member, even an obnoxious one, was in trouble we had a tarpaulin muster to help him out. If another vessel was in trouble and our Governments were in conflict, it didn't stop us going to their aid, even at a cost to ourselves, it was in our calling. What lands people cannot understand (even though they think they do) about seafarers, is that we have our disagreements on certain subjects, some are in fact only taking the pizz, we know that, the other seaman knows that, and we sail on. We learned to live together on a small steel island without the luxury of leaving it all behind and going home after we'd finished our shift. Those seafarers who have heated discussions between them on here, when meeting in person will have some great times together and as my late wife used to say if meeting another seamen, there'll be waves breaking over the funnel any moment and going down the engineroom fidley.

If any land person hasn't learnt that by now by being on here, then it is sometimes better to remember the old adage of speech is silver, silence is golden.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Covid Vacs

Very well put Ivan !That's the thing about social media that many don't get. When you're with your shipmates you can read their faces and mood,(and quite often their level of intoxicity (!).and usually stop short of being smacked in the face. But here? (Keep your finger tucked well away from that Send key,unless you're one of the small minority who seem to deliberately start a thread knowing provocative comments will undoubtedly ensue.
    Hey ho,I Should be a moderator!.. Hmmmm...No thanks !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very good Ivan FWE, just as well as you seem to have difficulty in understanding the difference between a question and accusation.
    Doc may I ask that this thread is now closed before it does get out of hand.

it would apear lewis that you just need to stop posting .....then im sure it will not get out of hand ....and others may possibly enjoy its content ....you appear to have more than a fair share of disputes ......perhaps oops.....lewis is the only one in step again....said in a most friendly fashion ......lol cappy

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Shaw View Post
    Very well put Ivan !That's the thing about social media that many don't get. When you're with your shipmates you can read their faces and mood,(and quite often their level of intoxicity (!).and usually stop short of being smacked in the face. But here? (Keep your finger tucked well away from that Send key,unless you're one of the small minority who seem to deliberately start a thread knowing provocative comments will undoubtedly ensue.
    Hey ho,I Should be a moderator!.. Hmmmm...No thanks !
    Do you mean a post like this

Then again, perhaps unlike other countries, we don't have to remind people that we exist by holding a particular Saint's Day Celebration. We know we are here, and other countries know we are here, whether good or bad. Nearly everywhere in the world the UK is referred to as England, perhaps that's why S, W, NI, need to remind people they exist.

Just a thought.:: Oh dear there he goes again copying & pasting

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you mean a post like this

Then again, perhaps unlike other countries, we don't have to remind people that we exist by holding a particular Saint's Day Celebration. We know we are here, and other countries know we are here, whether good or bad. Nearly everywhere in the world the UK is referred to as England, perhaps that's why S, W, NI, need to remind people they exist.

Just a thought.:: Oh dear there he goes again copying & pasting
    Well done Lewis, your expertise knows no bounds, even your puppet likes it.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Denis O'Shea View Post
    Had 2nd covid jab today myself and my Val, no reak side affects yet will see what the next 24hrs brings. Den

Hope all is OK now with you and yours.

Keith.

13. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast