Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vacs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Covid Vacs

when a country like india can send rockets to mars but they must have known covid would land on their own doorstep it says a lot for who is running the show i watched the dead being burned in car parks on the news and simple things like oxy bottles being there for the dying is a disgrace in any country that is no way to treat your nation?jp

Lewis McColl Guest

This may sound terrible but would a country like India really miss about 500 million of its population. I do apologise but I am just thinking out loud. Other countries likewise with large populations. Sounds like a conspiracy theory I know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

labour is now whinging because we are cutting aid to india and many other countries .....why we give aid anyway i cant understand .....most of it no doubt finds its way against us ......yes india a nuclear power .....but no beds for its billions ...we have a debt now of trillions due to the pandemic .....lets sort ouselves out ist.....charity begins at home

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few years ago we gave India several millions, they went to Russia and bought six Submarines with the money.
    GIVE THEM NOTHING

Lewis McColl Guest

Well Capp, As you say charity begins at home. It would certainly appear to be the case with Boris Johnson.

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 1970 I spent a week in Bombay, staying at the seamens club. I got talking to an old hand BI C/E who could speak the language fluently as he had been out there for a long time.
    He took me down to the port which he said was flattened just after the war due to an ammunition ship exploding.
    As we watched, a USA flagged vessel was discharging bagged grain into trucks, which trundled round the dock and waited to be unloaded onto a Russian ship discharging military vehicles.
    He pointed out to me that the US had halted cash aid to India as they were misappropriating the money for buying weapons etc. Instead they were given grain, but again it did not reach the people who needed the help.

8. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Indeed India has a plethora of billionaires as well as millionaires.
    Adarni, the man who wants to build a cola mine here in Oz is the richest man in the country.
    Lady I know, her husband was approached by him to work in India for him, he is the only white man on their board.

The crematoriums in use are permanent ones, they burn most of their dead.
    Population is about 1.3 billion, 200,000 dead is about 0.0015% of population.

There are so many other diseases that kill them, then consider the Cow walking the streets and crapping all over the place, must cause some illness.

We have a very large Indian population here in Oz, second largest immigrants after UK.
    But they are a passive lot, work hard and so many work in hospitals and aged care units.

Bloody good restaurants as well.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes thomas michael, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Well Capp, As you say charity begins at home. It would certainly appear to be the case with Boris Johnson.

sure is at home lewis the average taffy gets approx 4000pounds more in government assistance than the english why .....the english gets 91 quid ....what northern ireland gets i dont know .......or scotland sturgeons lot will also get hundreds more .....but then i suppose that is charity .......

Lewis McColl Guest

So you are happy enough for those in power to grab all they can . There is a refurbishment allowance of £30,000 a YEAR . Oh by the way it was the Daily Mail that broke the story.
    Government spending per head in the home nations
    England £522,500.000.000
    Wales £35,683,200.000
    Scotland £64,310.000,000
    N Ireland £22,620,000,000
    Then I suppose N Ireland got a few quid extra for supporting
    In 2017, for example, the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) negotiated an extra £1bn in funding for Northern Ireland over five years, in exchange for supporting Theresa May's minority Conservative government. Actually in any other language that should read the DUP Extorted £1 billion from the government.
    Read the Barnett formula Cappy.
    As mentioned before if the English stopped breeding like rabbits !!!!

13. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#131 Lewis your figures are meaningless, its what's called cherry picking, expenditure is going to be greater in England than the other 3 as England as a population circa 55 million, whilst the others have populations circa 6 -7 million each. There are more working people in England than there are in the other 3 combined, it is only through the taxes on England that the Scots benefit from the Barnett formula. When independence comes they will miss the freebies, they won't be getting any from the EU, as they will never meet the joining criteria, but the EU being the EU will probably let them join regardless just to spite England. The wee one will get her wish of a nuclear free country and an additional 5 -7000 unemployed, plus the Euro, as they've already told her should they join the EU they cannot be tied to Sterling. Happy days ahead.

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast