Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: From oxford

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default From oxford

There has been so much misinformation lately about the Virus from all over the world.
    Many rely foolishly on Facebook for their information, harly a reliable source.

Today I watched the Always Biased Corportaion Press Club Address from Canberra.
    The main speaker an entiomolgist who has spent the last 25 years with the Oxford scientific group.

He spoke of the Virus and explained in very simple terms what is occurring across the globe.
    Why there are variations of the Virus and why some Vaccines appear to work better than others.

He gave us information the governments of most countries will not, and the media cannot be relied on to tell any thing near the truth.

Why do some Vaccines work better than others?
    This is not true, all are the same when it comes to efficicy, the problem lies in the countries where it is used.

For example in South African you will be told the vaccine dores not work as well there, but why?
    South Africa has a background of many diseases, other viruses, and other complaints.
    It is this back ground that prevents the Vaccine from being 100% efficient.

In the UK, as will be the case here in Oz and NZ the vacine will work far more efficiently as the background medical condition is far better than in many other countries.

India is another where they will find the level of efficiency is low.

Then there is the case of the variances such as with the UK and South African versions of the Virus.

As is the case with the common Flu it can mutate, but that is only for a short period of time, it will die and another variance will take it's place.
    This is what is going on now, simple variances that will rise and the die off to be replaced with another.

Many of the other scientists working on this globaly are now of the opinion that as future mutations take place the Virus will weaken to the point whjere in a few short years, maybe two or three, it will be no worse than the common cold.

I put this up as a guide to what is occurring, if Vernon you do not wish members to comment, no intention of starting another war, I will not be offended if you close it.
    It is here for information purposes, but would be interested in commenst from members if you will permit.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: From oxford

No harm yet John and i will have to Monitor this Thread and see where it goes,
    If i see any comments that are deemed to be not in line, i will either Delete those or if it becomes over the Top so to speak it will be closed!
    Thanks
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Personally, we do not need more theories, just more news of Britain's cases continue to shrink.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Theories are quite OK as long as it is from good source .
    As far as Numbers g, i have just read that the Numbers sadly have risen again in the UK. apparently the highest again since all this started??
    I really pray that something can and will be done ( I know they are rolling out the Vaccine as fast as possible) but seems for some reason it is not helping all that much?? Why??
    Oh please Lord please!!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sources here report:

The number of daily cases reached record levels in early January, partly driven by a new variant of the virus thought to be much more easily transmissible than other strains.

However, the average number of daily reported cases are now falling - with strict lockdown measures still in place across the country.

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4 Seems you're getting the wrong information from somewhere, according to the daily graphs shown on TV all aspects of virus are falling and also 13 million people already vaccinated. There is the occasional blip and a rise occurs on a particular day, you will find that this normally rise in numbers is on a Monday or Tuesday because all the weekend figures have not been collated and thus appear in Monday's or Tuesday's figures.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Fingers crossed it continues and further to all others: Reported this way:
    Wales has seen the fewest number of new cases in a 24-hour period since
    September last year.

#1: Is not required. Even if things went further pear shaped we need proof of source, links etc.

Hearsay, will not help, touch wood, much is on the mend.

Fingers Crossed.

Keith.

ADDED:

The Royal Air Force has flown 3,000 doses of coronavirus vaccines to the Falkland Islands - the first vaccine flight to the British Overseas Territory.

An Air Force tanker aircraft flown by reservists delivered the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines on behalf of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office. An amazing example of reservists playing key roles in worldwide Coronavirus recovery efforts alongside their regular colleagues.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 10th February 2021 at 10:32 AM.

Lewis McColl Guest

How on earth did Covid -19 get to the Falkland Islands. It had to have come from the UK . Even some Scottish Islands have remained Covid free, why !!! easy they banned all travel to and from the mainland.

I got a phone call yesterday from my local surgery. as you got out of hospital a week last Monday and counting Monday as your first Isolation day can you come to the vaccination centre on the morning of the 10th February. So at 0930hrs this morning I had my first vaccine and can expect to get my next one in 10 weeks. Not bad service either straight in and out less than 5 minutes in total. If that had of been France it would have taken all day by the time they discussed it and then went for lunch. Here in the UK we are now over 13 million people have had their first jab. Amazing achievement, that is more than the total number of vaccinations than the whole of the EU put together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi lewis #8
    the national health service has been exemplarily as far as im concerned,i had my jab saturday morning the whole operational procedure was a military operation.
    as for how this virus is here or there, my wife during a phone call earlier today has found through her circle of friends that a local vet is the scorce of the south african strain in this area, lets hope that it is carried only by humans and not the obvious, scary times.
    tom

Lewis McColl Guest

From a personal point of view I have nothing but praise for the NHS. The treatment I have had since I arrived home here in August has been amazing. Especially this last 6 weeks. If it was not for the skill and care I have received by the NHS I would not be here today to annoy all you good folks on here. I was well looked after in France and the care is excellent there , but there is a language barrier , my fault not there's. I am glad I am home. Just imagine though how much more the NHS could achieve if it was properly funded and manning levels were maintained at a required level. Boris and Matt Hancock have promised more funding and an increase in staffing levels for the NHS let's hope they keep their word. Also let's see nurses and other NHS workers get a fair wage increase in the near future. Today there was something on the news about a private company down in the SE ? that are charging £500 a year for NHS to park their cars on sight, what the hell is that all about.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast