Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Just a thought...

As previously posted my wife and myself recently received our first covid19 vaccination. Most of us aboard here will have had, over our time at sea, numerous vaccinations for all types of dodgy viruses we might encounter on our journeys around the world. Seems every other trip I had to report to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine for top up jabs. No jab- no job. Got me thinking with all that serum floating round the body maybe would go some way of offering some modicum of immunity to the present virus. Obviously, most of what we received will have long gone out of the system, but i'd like to think there might be one or two drops still left wandering round the system. .... Just a thought.
    R635733

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Just a thought...

Every 6 months the Cholera jab that was absolutely useless. They stopped giving it years ago.

3. Thanks John Gill thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the yellow fever one was supposed to last for 15 years. The Smallpox for two years . So most would only have at the most yellow fever 3 times. I never caught cholera so don’t know about it’s effectiveness ..JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th January 2021 at 11:19 PM.
    R575129

5. Likes happy daze john in oz, John Gill liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Funny John G
    We were just talking of the same sort of ting a while ago here at home. As you say we got so many different Types of Jabs , one in particular that was spoken of was the old Polio Caccine , it has been said that it would have served well in this Crisis, but why it was not used again?? However even with that said i looked into it and then saw that it only had a life span of some 20 to Max 25 Years, so long dead in the System Not been through all the others yet, but am sure that most all by now would prove in effective as well.
    So on we go, and just now waiting for the First Rollout here of the Vaccine. We as older Aussies are in Line second to the Front Line Workers, Emergency etc. And so it should be. Talking of start in early February 2021
    Cheers

Have heard romours as well that smoking the Weed could assist ! Lets all get High! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Well the yellow fever one was supposed to last for 15 years. The Smallpox for two years . So most would only have at the most yellow fever 3 times. I never caught cholera so don’t know about it’s effectiveness ..JS.
    John I am sure the yellow fever was 10 years.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

May have been , such a long time ago now. When it comes to any law medical or otherwise I just follow instructions . Advanced first aid is my only additions to any medical instruction. This only include treating VD , child birth, drug addiction , broken limbs , only to layman’s level. Would never attempt to argue with a professional. ,the same as they wouldn’t in all probability question astral navigation or anything nautical with a seaman. Politicians I wouldn’t bother arguing with them, their one and only job as far as I am concerned , is to serve the people who put them there.. Reading books the same as most , is where the discussers get their information from, I would say Tito was the closest to the bullseye during my lifetime, and I am not a communist. Cheers JS..
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th January 2021 at 11:55 PM.
    R575129

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A list of past and present types that need a vaccine
    I have gone though them and on a count have had thirteen of them, some of couese there were more than one Jab to make it fully work. Now with the Covid that will make it Fourteen with possibly two or three along the way! Jeeps we are Dartboards of a different kind LOL
    How about you??

Polio Vaccine Effectiveness and Duration of Protection | CDC

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just had a look at my vaccine certificate from Canada given in 1952 for smallpox, only valid for three years. My Yellow fever one from the UK also in 52 is for six years.We must have been vaccinated at the Vindi as well as it is stamped in the back of my discharge book but doesn't say what it was for
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 21st January 2021 at 12:20 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not too many years back Des got an urgent call to fly up to Indonesia to relieve the skipper who was sick. However had to have a Typhoid injection for entry into the country. Had this done only to be told an hour later the change over was cancelled, due of all things it would cost too much to get the immigration officials out it being the week end. So had a typhoid injection if ever needed one.. JS
    R575129

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a small yellow book with numerous vaccinations written up in it.

Small pox was eliminated in 1980, the only bit left is said to be held in a laboratry in Birmingham.
    Rhino pest is the only other virus completely gone in 2011.

Virus of any sort will always be there, vaccination, such as for this and the flu is the only way to control it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Likes Denis O'Shea, Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast