Thread: Just a thought...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Funny John G
    We were just talking of the same sort of ting a while ago here at home. As you say we got so many different Types of Jabs , one in particular that was spoken of was the old Polio Caccine , it has been said that it would have served well in this Crisis, but why it was not used again?? However even with that said i looked into it and then saw that it only had a life span of some 20 to Max 25 Years, so long dead in the System Not been through all the others yet, but am sure that most all by now would prove in effective as well.
    So on we go, and just now waiting for the First Rollout here of the Vaccine. We as older Aussies are in Line second to the Front Line Workers, Emergency etc. And so it should be. Talking of start in early February 2021
    Cheers

Have heard romours as well that smoking the Weed could assist ! Lets all get High! LOL
    Doc, you're welcome to sample the 'weed' in my back garden anytime you're passing. You want 'High'? Mine's as high as a elephants eye! Bring a scythe.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No matter how many jabs are available there still isn't one curing idiots. Police in London (Stamford) broke up a wedding party of 400+ people, most people escaped the clutches of the police, the organisers were given a £10,000 fine and others who were caught given on the spot fines. Apparently they had blacked out all the windows in the property to try and disguise their intentions, but how do you keep 400+ people quiet and from spilling into the street. I doubt the organisers of such a party will find a fine of £10,000 any problem, a jail sentence may have been more appropriate.
    Last edited by Ivan Cloherty; 22nd January 2021 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I read that article as well Ivan, only difference was that it was Stamford hill North London, the building is a Jewish Orthodox senior girls school, the
    previous Principle of the school was a Rabbi who died of Covid 19 during the first wave, Stamford Hill has always been highly populated with Jewish
    people, so possibly that's the right area?, as you say, the organiser got a £10,000 fine and 5 others £200 apiece, Oy vey .
    Earlier this week in Southend, the police had a ti off that an illegal rave was ongoing in Aviation Way, 3 police cars arrived Post Haste, as the officers
    got out of their cars ready for action, they were surprised to see a large queue of people lined up along the pavement, yep, it was OAPs in their 80's
    queueing for the Vaccine Jab , I did see the funny side of that, but there was also an unfunny side as well, the appointments began at 08:00 and
    some people had been there since 07:30, during the afternoon session the vaccine ran out and they had to wait for another batch to be delivered. It
    made me realise how lucky I had been, my son took me to the local community centre two weeks ago today for my jab, we were in and out in 25 minutes, still no side effects worth a mention, talking about other vaccines, I had the Pneumonia vaccine about 6 years ago, was told it's a once only. cheers

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    When I first went overseas in the mid 60's I had to have smallpox and cholera. I'd had polio injection in school but that was later changed into a syrup on a sugar cube.
    Working in UK I also had to have TB injections with boosters.
    The worst was the cholera. Just made my arm suddenly feel like it had dropped off!!
    Now kids have to have so many immunisations it's hard to keep track off. More the merrier I guess.
    Interesting bit Victoria but working as you did no doubt saw it all.
    One GP I know is not in favor of some children's vaccs, he says while it may stop them getting it, getting it often strengthens the immune system where a vaccination does not.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Dennis McGuckin, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Victoria they are not nice. But and the al, Measles, Whooping cough and Chicken pox at the tender age of 15, got it from my sister, but I fixed her later. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got German measles on VE Day.
    I think they were out to get my.
    Not quite the last man standing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When suffering any kind of cough it is reccomended you take no laxative's.
    Doing so mare result in dire rear concequences.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes John Gill, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most of us Kids when Young caught all those little nasties, got vaccinated of course for those that needed it, but generally to catch any Strain whatever , is as said a good thing in a way as it definatly builds up the immune System. When you look back at all the germs we ate and played with there was not real system where the Kids stayed all nice and clean like now. All rough and ready as they said, kept all the nasties at bay. LOL
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The subject of immunity may well include the pneumonia vaccine I had some years ago. Apparently gives protection for life and along with all the other immune drugs discussed aboard here, might give a fighting chance to avoid some of the effects of the current virus. Perhaps loosely connected, let's not forget Alexander Flemings discovery which was the saviour of certain homeward bounders heading for Dr Ross's Canning Place establishment.
    Gilly
    R635733

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#22 Even his discovery is near its use by date John , the last time I was administering injections it was streptomycium and today that has probably been superceded by other advancements . I know by the number of tablets I have been taken since I was 60 years old just to satisfy a shipping doctor for blood pressure alone how they have changed over the years. Other ailments also. All drugs lose their affectedness with time as disease and germs build up a resistance to them. When we finally run out of effective tablets we will run out of breath . Today most people over a certain age live on tablets, so one could say we are all druggies. I take at least 9 a day sometimes more. Cheers JS
    R575129

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast