Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Question

There have been all manner of different approaches in dealing with the Virus.
    Each country has it's own way by the look of it.

Here in Oz get a test then isolate until you get the result.

I see the UK is now doing it at the rate of 300,000 per day with the Vaccination.

Speaking with my brother in law in London Sunday morning London time.
    What he told me sounded a little odd so I am asking for some positives from any members who have had the needle, Cappy comes to mind on this.

He tells me he went for a Covid test on Tuesday morning, no one told him to isolate until he got the result and at the time of speaking he was still waiting for the result. Maybe not unusual with the numbers in UK.

But the next bit I found very odd, he was told that without the test he would not be able to get the needle??
    Is this true or are they just having a lend of him?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question

I am going for my vaccine tomorrow, I have not had to have a covid test, nor have my friends, nor have they had to isolate after the vaccine, just follow the normal rules, wash your hands, wear a mask and give space.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john the idea is to just attack this virus with the vaccine very very heavily .......there is no test beforehand ....but of cause as you will be aware there are tiers to go through ...ie over 80swith health probs ist then over 75s etc ...it is a mammoth test .......no doubt there will be folk with the virus not knowing they have it ...but even then it may help the person any way .....the idea is just get the virus ........the tests are often not correct always so are not foolprooof ......no doubt someone who has not had the jab will c'and p as usual and give more info but my info is from the horses mouth not the other end .....lol R693532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had the vaccine last Thursday
    , , No test, no word about the next one.
    Anne has not had her Vaccine and her Doctor said no idea when she will get one even tho` she is 82,.
    Some parts of Bolton they have had TWO Vaccines.
    My son , a Hospital Doctor working with 550 Infected Corvid Patient has only had One vaccine. He went to London last Wednesday to get his Second one and they said NO, a wasted journey and risking his life, nearly half his Staff are off ill with it
    So it is Chaotic at the moment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had my first vaccination Friday locally at Sports Arena. No waiting, no queuing, well organized. Booked the next one. In and out 35 minutes. Arm still sore.
    Gilly
    R635733

Lewis McColl Guest

It is confusing, I think a lot depends on what your local area health authority decide. I had a pre procedure covid test on the 4th of January as I had an appointment for a Cardio angio dye test at the RVH. During the test I was told I will only be contacted if I test positive. I received a phone call the following day to say I had tested positive only to receive another call 20 minutes or so later to say my test was inconclusive. This now meant my appointment at RVH was cancelled. I was also advised to self isolate for two weeks. Well as a few know I had a heart attack and got my day at the RVH anyway. While in recovery I had another Covid test which they later told me I tested negative. A few days later while in Antrim hospital CCU yet another test again negative. Concerning the roll out of the vaccine I think the UK can be proud of the numbers already vaccinated. Personally I am not in total agreement on how it is being rolled out. I believe every member of the NHS and essential workers should have been done first and then get to the elderly and vulnerable. NHS staff are dropping like flies literally thousands have covid or are self isolating. If those who are to look after us cannot because they did not get the vaccine in the first round it is a bit like a dog chasing it's tail. I have a friend in Wirral who is a health volunteer and she is using her own car to take elderly people to a vaccination centre so they can get there injection. I asked her if she has had her jab yet, no I am only 67. Okay her age group has not be called yet but surely as a health care assistant she should get the vaccine, for all we know she could become a virus carrier. All we need to beat this is the selfish people to act sensibly and behave. Only the other day someone posted video footage of Londoners piling onto the tube. We will never win when people behave like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could not agree more, there are so many we are dependant on, the list is endless, even down to the delivery guys who bring food to the door, if it were not for them, then more would have to go to the supermarkets, but nurse ambulance , police, fire teachers, etc all fantastic guys. The only thing that makes me wonder why it is spreading so fast on the Island, one of the worst in England, is children do not have to wear masks, they know that children get infected, but usually very mild, but surely they can transmit it to parents and others. Whatever batten down and obey the rules is all we can do at the moment, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the replies fellas, much appreciated.
    Long way to go yet but by all accounts UK is going well.

Two relatives in 70's and 80's and two others working in the hospital system all got theirs.
    Hope you all et it in time, short time we hope.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks John Gill thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These are the people who cause endless damage to the NHS, a £200 fine, should be a spell in a cold cell, kt

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/health/...-chief-3103928
    R689823

12. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

.,,.,,,the only thing that makes me wonder why it is spreading so fast on the Island, one of the worst in England..,...... #7
    KT.

Hi KT.
    My son is the Consultant at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.
    Talking to him yesterday on Skype.
    He told me that the IoW was in Tier 1, So all the nutters in Portsmouth jump on the Hovercraft at Southsea go the the IoW and get legless. then back to Portsmouth, many leaving the Virus behind on the island
    So the IoW is now full of the Virus. Their Hospital only has about six Intensive Care Beds so they send them to the Queen Alexandra where they have around 50 ICU beds.
    Altogether they have 550 covid patients in there.,
    Stop them from going over.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 18th January 2021 at 01:07 PM.

14. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast