Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Question

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question

When I read the posts from the UK I dread that I will read about one of our mates or his wife may have succumbed to the virus, we now have a few. My very deep condolences for your loss John, nothing I or anyone else can ease the pain. May your dear wife rest in peace, and i can only hope she didn't suffer.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As in my original question there is the point that so many facts, non facts and downright lies in some cases have been told about the virus.

On talk back radio here in Melbourne today there was Doctor phoning in from London.
    His comments made me wonder just what is going on.

He said the rate of vaccination is well ahead of any EU country and thought that all those who wanted the Vaccine would be able to get it by the end of July.
    That sounds very good and hope he is correct.

He then went on about the death rate in UK.
    His comments wee similar to some here back in our winter.
    Less cases of Flu due to the wearing of masks, but the death rate form the Virus is not correct.

Yes it is high, but many of those in Nursing homes over the age of 80 have a very limited life span and he is concerned that many who die in such places do so from other natural causes but are classified as Virus victims as it is easier to deal with that way.

We had 801 die here in Melbourne Nursing homes during our 12 week lock down, last year there were 1700 in such places died from the Flu.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, Dennis McGuckin, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Ivan, I have never heard ANY politician from any party on tv or any form of media state that the rate of increase in Covid is because the public are still not getting onboard with the safety measures they are asking for.
    We must be watching different media Lewis, The Prime Minister and Matt Hancock held daily briefings on the BBC at 1700 hours almost nightly and mentioned that the irresponsible few were spoiling it for the many, also in many newspapers. Alas the irresponsible never watch the news or read the newspapers, doubt they could read the newspapers anyway because they are not in text speak. Police broke up a party of 40 people a couple of days ago and their excuse was that they had never heard there was a pandemic anywhere, I believe they were let of with warnings, until these idiots are hit with huge fines, or a criminal record, because they were breaking the law, then this irresponsibility will continue. On the news this morning it was 'reported' that up to 75% of BLAME will not take the vaccination as they say it is no good for their blood, we are supposed to be living in an educated country. Perhaps we should import the Indian variety plus red roses for them, as every Indian who has the vaccine gets a red rose, having lived in that part of the world there will be stalls opening up everywhere selling red roses. Incidentally here in Torquay, may be nationwide, when you've had the vaccine you get a card with the manufacturer's name and batch number to keep in your wallet, easier to carry than a red rose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suppose the card would make sense Ivan, any medical problems in the future the staff would know what vaccine you had had, as a matter of interest, what vaccine did you have ?, all my friends over 80 had the phizzer(spelling) one, and they have also had the follow up jab, kt
    R689823

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had the Pfizer last week, my son in Portsmouth also had the Pfizer,

I have the card in my wallet.

Pfizer is about 91% effective, the Astro Zenneka around 70%

8. Thanks Keith Tindell, cappy, N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Trader, happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I suppose the card would make sense Ivan, any medical problems in the future the staff would know what vaccine you had had, as a matter of interest, what vaccine did you have ?, all my friends over 80 had the phizzer(spelling) one, and they have also had the follow up jab, kt
    Pfizer Keith, though it may come out a bit different after a couple of beers

Lewis McColl Guest

I was referring to when being interviewed by the likes of Piers Morgan(the government for months refused to be interviewed on that show) Andrew Neil I have not seen on TV since the general Election to busy enjoying life in France. Andrew Marr or Sophie Ridge have still never got a Politician to openly say the increase is down to selfish behaviour within British society. Concerning policing people have no respect for the police . Over the years the police have had there hands tied behind there backs by weak governments. This idea of policing by consent is not fit for purpose. I would never advocate a police state but this pussy footing is just not working and it will only get worse.

11. Likes cappy, Trader, Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trouble with all political journalists, is they ask a question, don't like the way the reply is going ask another.
    A few weeks ago Marr was put in his place by Gove. Marr asked the question, didn't like the way the response was going.
    Marr, stated you are not answering the questions, to which Gove replied, you asked a question at least give me time to answer it. Marr was not to pleased.
    Andrew Neil, got sacked from the BBC because his views were at odds with the BBC bias, he and group are funding a new, TV news station, which will report the news with no political bias.
    So that's why Andrew is on holiday.
    Vic

13. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

BBC bias. Well I never!!!! Andrew Neil well past his sell by date, best just enjoy his twilight years.

15. Likes Doc Vernon, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just been leaked is a document /recording of Priti Patel telling someone that she wanted the borders closed in MARCH, and of course it did not happen.
    On a humorous note the following is from Have your Say on the BBC news.

The issue of border closures here has been handled like Yes Minister’s 4 stage strategy:

“In stage 1 we say, nothing’s going to happen.
    Stage 2: something maybe going to happen but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage 3: perhaps we should do something about it but there’s nothing we can do.
    Stage 4: maybe there was something we could have done but it’s too late now

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast