Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Question

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    .,,.,,,the only thing that makes me wonder why it is spreading so fast on the Island, one of the worst in England..,...... #7
    KT.

Hi KT.
    My son is the Consultant at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.
    Talking to him yesterday on Skype.
    He told me that the IoW was in Tier 1, So all the nutters in Portsmouth jump on the Hovercraft at Southsea go the the IoW and get legless. then back to Portsmouth, many leaving the Virus behind on the island
    So the IoW is now full of the Virus. Their Hospital only has about six Intensive Care Beds so they send them to the Queen Alexandra where they have around 50 ICU beds.
    Altogether they have 550 covid patients in there.,
    Stop them from going over.
    Brian
    Scupper the Hovercraft
    R635733

Lewis McColl Guest

Just been watching the lunch time news. They had I think an Australian tv reporter in Wuhan 1 year on from when China informed the world about Covid. It was interesting to see and listen to some of the locals being interviewed . It would appear that today is Covid free ?the question was asked why/ the answer was our government say stay home , we stay home(no doubt it was likely brutally enforced) He then said your government say stay home, but people say we want our freedom!!! okay you have your freedom & Covid live with it!!!!

I am sure maybe a bit of propaganda but he has a point, do as you are told or live with the consequences.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    Scupper the Hovercraft

yes less bother without the hover

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in the Netherlands they are up to 75000 vaccinations and the cabinet thinks they do a good job !.

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    do as you are told or live with the consequences.

Do as you are told or die with the consequences.

Keith.

7. Likes John Gill, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We only have 25million people in Aus and i like to think that at least 24,500 are doing the right thing, we have the dick heads that think they are infallible, then get caught, but all in all I think that the Stat governments have done a good job, keeping it to around two a day.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Y

Yes we have been lucky here, but as an island continent it is easy to close the borders to all.

But the biggest problem with the west and we are as bad, is the lack of medical equipment, staff and hospitals.
    If all the countries involved spent about 10% less on armaments and foreign aid to suspect counties with dictators there would be more than enough to create a world class gold health system.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Lewis McColl Guest

Just listening to Piers Morgan and Brandon Lewis going head to head about why the UK has now got the highest death rate in the world due to Covid. As usual the politician has not got the balls to answer the question. Who like me thinks the reason is that the British Public are not following the guidelines. An awful lot of people will just not behave in public spaces. The public are still cramming into the underground in London, still having social gatherings. I am not just targeting London it is nation wide.

UK 16.55 deaths per 1 million, Germany 10.17, France 5.51.

New Zealand, for example, has not had a death from the virus since mid-September.

Data also revealed that the UK is currently fourth in the list of countries who have vaccinated the highest proportion of their population. Israel has vaccinated nearly 20% of its population, while the UAE has vaccinated 19.04.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 19th January 2021 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Piers morgan is suerly one of the worlds misfits ....sitting pontificating on all and sundry,,,with that sheeplike look on his face ...and making a living of other folks mistakes ....just dont watch that sort of buffoonery ....and surely there is more to life than his twisted views...but then that is just my view lol cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Totally agree about Piers Morgan, for someone who got the sack for insider trading many years ago, its a bit rich trying to appear holier than thou.

Comparing rate of progress of countries with 60 million population to those with a 2 to 5 million population is nonsense, the logistics are totally different, then throw in various peoples who think injections will steal their brain or soul, or insert a chip to control them and will not turn up for the jab, then you are going to get slow downs. We can expect further slow downs when the latest weather hits us, why the hell hasn't the govt diverted it because its definitely their fault there's a storm coming.

Also statistics can bite you in the ass, some years a ago international statistics declared that Switzerland had seen the highest rate of unemployment in the western world, achieving a 100% increase, it appears in the year of the survey 2 people were unemployed, the previous year it had only been one. Anyone can play the numbers game to their advantage, that's why large corporations have the brightest accountants.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast