Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ante covid vaccination

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ante covid vaccination

Hi Ted.
    We have been very lucky out here shut down strait away, but with each State handling their covid cases there was competition among the various Labour or Conservative Premiers, which helped stop contain it, Australia has been very lucky if you can say that with only around 900 deaths mainly in old peoples homes. But now we have an outbreak in Sydney and they have locked down North Sydney, but would you believe around three or four hundred British backpackers who have been trapped here ,{ owing to lack of flights} held a Xmas drinking session on Bronte beach, the riot police broke it up and some were fined a $1000, now the immigration Minister has said anymore of this **** and he will cancel their permits and deport them back to the UK, I think some wanted that earlier on; but not now.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Likes happy daze john in oz, John Gill liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The good news here is the Oxford vaccine is approved, now the mass treatment can start, kt
    R689823

4. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Ted.
    We have been very lucky out here shut down strait away, but with each State handling their covid cases there was competition among the various Labour or Conservative Premiers, which helped stop contain it, Australia has been very lucky if you can say that with only around 900 deaths mainly in old peoples homes. But now we have an outbreak in Sydney and they have locked down North Sydney, but would you believe around three or four hundred British backpackers who have been trapped here ,{ owing to lack of flights} held a Xmas drinking session on Bronte beach, the riot police broke it up and some were fined a $1000, now the immigration Minister has said anymore of this **** and he will cancel their permits and deport them back to the UK, I think some wanted that earlier on; but not now.
    Des
    Des, Nothing surprises me anymore with regards to people being bloody idiots like that, One thing i will say is why have all the boozers in some parts of this country been allowed to party, That is just another cock up by this Government we should the whole country be in total lockdown including the students who are basically the spreaders, The hospitals are at breaking point literally with 1000s of new cases every day. People are being treated in ambulances on the grounds of hospitals, The paramedis do the best they can and take them back home, And then onto the next case this is on top of broken arms legs influenza RTA and just about everything else that gets thrown at them. It really is a bloody shambles Terry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    The good news here is the Oxford vaccine is approved, now the mass treatment can start, kt
    Keith when do you reckon everyone or even the vulnerable will get vaccinated by, Because it is on the cards someone high up will make a dogs dinner of it sooner or later, Dont hold your breath mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully, given they have had lots of experience with the flu vaccine, we should have everyone over the age of 65 vaccinated by March.
    It looks as if they are going to give everyone a jab then increase the time between doses to up to 12 weeks in order to get everyone some protection so as to slow the number of hospitalization cases.
    My wife and I are sitting here with our sleeves rolled up.
    Regards Michael

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry, legislation was put in place to protect, one thing you cannot legislate fo and that is idiots.
    When first lockdown was released folk rushed and crowded beaches, idiots partying in streets.

Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

I was listening to Good Morning on ITV this morning and Nick Hancock was being interviewed and not really getting an easy time of it. All these two presenters could do was slam the government for the shambles that the whole Covid -19 pandemic has been here in the UK. True it has been a disaster from day one. As those who know me and those who don't my politics are Labour. Regardless I am not entirely convinced a Labour government would have handled things much better, At the end of the day one would assume it would still be a science led response and likely as not by the same scientists that we have in place now.

But I just wish Nick Hancock and other political figures would stand up and point the finger to were the blame does actually belong. That blame lies at the feet of the thick stupid arrogant people of these Islands. What part of stay home , if at all possible, wear masks, keep social distancing at all times. But no, people crowding into shops for a Ł1 off in the sales, cramming into train stations, having parties , students and freshers weeks + the rest of youth who are just thick& selfish all the time. The police are all but powerless, standing there politely asking people to breakup illegal street parties getting spat on, pushed and abused. We have lost control. I thought I would never like to see police tactics in the UK again that were used to break up the miners strikes etc!! but if it continues like the way policing is going god help us all.

Yes Boris is an idiot and has caused a lot of confusion more than once , like his original 5 days of Christmas, or here in N Ireland while Covid numbers were going through the roof they allowed WET pubs to reopen(no scotch egg required)for a week in November and then put in place a 10pm closure order so everyone poured onto the streets at the same time. Seriously just have to wonder how much common sense the people in the UK have, sadly it would appear not a lot. Today we see an increase in new Covid cases the highest numbers ever recorded 21,155? and now we have over 70,000+deaths. Only ones that seem to have any sense are the pensioners , but I suspect that is because for us we know that if we get covid it is more than likely a death sentence. I wonder how many children have sentenced granny & grandad to death over the Christmas period. Sad times indeed, hopefully we will get the vaccine as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 31st December 2020 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#91 without wanting to appear too complacent and I told you so attitude. Politics aside as will vote either way for the person and not a party’s slogan.The premier of WA has done exactly the right thing in my estimation. I like to think this is due to his naval background but maybe not , but maybe a wee bit as a Scotsman would say . As an ex serviceman he would probably have been also regularly up dated on for example ABC warfare , where in terms of Atomic fallout , and biological warfare , the first defence is segregation and quarantine. He is a Labour man and irrespective of whatever party he belongs to, he will be getting my vote next election. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 31st December 2020 at 12:43 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plus his quarantine of shipping and crew / passengers. Even keeping the big fellow out from Queensland who thought he had right of way and tried suing W.A. For millions because he missed a share holders meeting. Serious times mean serious measures , all I see is other states trying to placate those with loud voices. Cheers JS
    R575129

13. Likes Tony Taylor, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#91 Lewis, I find myself agreeing with you, and agree that no Govt not matter its hue would probably have handled it any better as there were so many balls to juggle to keep the country moving, of course there are innumerable hindsight experts including all newscasters who seemed to have gained their medical qualifications overnight, probably much to the chagrin of those who took seven years to gain their certificates plus all the ongoing training.

It was no good invoking the spirit of WWII on an all pull together basis, as on a recent survey of people under thirty nearly 40% thought that Churchill was the leader of Germany and Hitler was British so where is the hope. As you rightly say we oldies are aware of our mortality, but when we were young we were not, although it does appear that our basic education was better although the majority never even saw a university from the outside, never mind the inside. The idiots will be out in full force tonight no doubt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i can only compare the last year or so to a sailing vessel in a series of changing .weather .....along comes one lot the master ie the government change sail .....the sitouation changed very quickly the sails are reset even before the last order was complete ...the government has had to make more decisions of a major type than any government for many years ......lewis your statement re boris may or may not be true ....depending on your political view and to be fair with brexit and the virus he has had much to cope with .......one small point i believe it is mat hancock you mean when you state nick hancock .....which is the starter of your comment .....but then anyone can make mistakes under pressure......my personal view is the government has done a fair job ...and i agree it has been let down by the people who put so many including there own at risk by pure self centered selfishness ......well the regions guilty are paying for it now with a vengeance.....cappy

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast