Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: ante covid vaccination

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: ante covid vaccination

Well what happened to the Oven ready deal???

Best we hunker down and make the best of it.

We have left the EU, no point complaining. What we have done is stopped paying our Gym membership so don't go complaining that they will no longer let us use the swimming pool

Meanwhile here in N Ireland the Supermarket shelves are empty and have been now for at least 4 days. All the major super markets are refusing to ship to N Ireland because of delays at ports on the UK mainline customs. https://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-superma...172010650.html

Well looks as if we can do our bit concerning preserving fish stocks , Scotland's fishermen cannot land or sell what they have caught and are running out of freezer space so no point in them putting out to sea again until the issue is resolved.

https://britishseafishing.co.uk/brex...ins-fisheries/

Well as the government says we have taken back control.

Scotland will demand an independence referendum and I honestly think Boris will have to allow that.

Here in Northern Ireland we are due to hold Assembly elections in May 2022. The DUP will get punished(N I and will lose the 1 seat majority seat they have and need as the largest single party to appoint the first minister. If the elections go ahead in May 2022 unless something odd happens N Ireland will have it's first ever Sinn Fein first minister. I bet the a border poll will be on the table early doors. I am not sure if the SF could win a majority vote for a united Ireland but it will be close. The biggest factor will be here we have the NHS so that will make people stop and think about things.

If these teething problems are not resolved quickly you will see the breakup of the United Kingdom. there are probably those who do not care about the Union. For me personally I would welcome a united Ireland within the EU. I do believe though as N Ireland has foot in both camps they could take full advantage of that and prosper. But we all know what the one of the things the Irish do best is sadly kill each other, I pray those dark days never return.

I do believe that the referendum was more about immigration than about leaving the EU, I also believe it was also about English independence.

I promised myself that if I was allowed back on the forum I would avoid politics. I am not trying to open that old can of worms up again. If people honestly thought the the EU were ever going to give the UK an easy ride they must be very naive. The EU said they would punish the UK and they will never make it easy for us. The last thing the EU want is to see the UK prosper as an independent state.

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

At least British fish are now happier?

Jacob Rees-Mogg - "The key is we've got our fish back. They are now British fish, & they're better & happier fish for it."

Mr Speaker - Obviously there's overwhelming evidence for that.

Now we must take immediate steps to ensure French and Dutch fish do not get into our waters, polluting the British fish gene pool. And our fish must be prevented from exercising their free movement rights to move to EU waters. Brexit means Brexit.

Rees-Mogg's arrogant amusement is a slap in the face for every fisherman struggling to survive.

Just wondering how long it is going to take before dissatisfied fishermen dump rotting fish in Whitehall outside No10.

100% "Be careful what you wish for".
    And to think that the Fisheries Minister couldn't be bothered to read the agreement because she was too busy.

What’s the qualification for the nationality of a fish?

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 15th January 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Well what happened to the Oven ready deal???

Best we hunker down and make the best of it.

The last thing the EU want is to see the UK prosper as an independent state.
    well lewis all i can say is there is not a plus statement in your whole diatribe .....surely the exit from the donkeys in belgium ruled by the fatherland must be a massive boost to start with ...as for teething problems there will be many ....there is a rising call in many of the eu brigade for a ...lets get out card ..but of course none can afford it .....whatever we are ...the people voted ......rome wasnt built in a day ...as for a united ireland at what cost ......and a scottish return to europe is about as likely as the second coming next sat .....but that is my view and we are all entitled to our own views ....finished with engines on this one regards cappy
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th January 2021 at 10:03 PM.

5. Thanks John F Collier, N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Kinda: So Long, and Thanks for All the happy Fish but, can we have our sandwiches back please !

K.

Lewis McColl Guest

Agree Cappy we are all entitled to our opinions and as said Rome was not built in a day but it was destroyed by fools.

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Keith at Tregenna;363387][B]

What’s the qualification for the nationality of a fish?

/QUOTE]

Hmm! can't answer that, but the authorities will probably skate over any red herrings and find the right plaice and may have to roe out and be careful they don't eel over and use their mussels to best effect,

Keith at Tregenna Guest

To what scales ?

K.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just been reading Katya Adlers latest post, she is the European reporter for the BBC, and probably the only one i respect, she foretells that when the Empress of Europe, ie Ms Merkel finally quits politics later this year, that will leave a huge vacuum in EU politics, if the party expected to take over from her is in power, they will be looking to be more interested in germany itself, and Macron will attempt to become the dominant force for Europe, the danger being that he is not popular with the Southern states, and this will lead to big divisions in the EU. So i think that the EU has got a lot of internal troubles to take care of, without shaking a stick at us too much, kt
    R689823

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Trouble is we have left it again that we have no say or control in what happens in Europe.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

bang on there keith

15. Likes N/A, Keith Tindell liked this post
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast