Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JP - Health

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: JP - Health

All the very best of the best John. You will up and about in no time.

2. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks shipmates the cancer is in the half lung left i have COPD in the other so have been on very high risk with this virus going around we in liverpool have got a new state of the art cancer hospital i am with a doctor i asked yesterday why when they all knew there was an abnormality they found 4 years ago but i was never told anything so far answers are not coming my way i was a lot fitter and stronger 4 years ago so its scan this Tuesday and we start another fight? just imagine the last visit of 5 years being told everything is fine then told you cancer is back radium treatment in a much stronger dose depending on how close to the main breathing tube so now you all know what i know and regards cristies the head honshow from there is treating me she is a prophesier in her field of medicine untill then the kids are thinking darth vader is in the house? keep going till you drop that is my new saying i have a good wife and family there is a lot i dont tell them? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, you cannot keep a good seaman down, and you are one of the best.
    Fight the good fight, take no crap from anyone and tell the good Doc if you are not happy with what he tells you to go and get a second opinion.
    They keep telling us they are finding ways of keeping us alive for longer so tell him you now want some of that.
    Just hang in there mate, the sun will still shine for you tomorrow.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Captain Kong, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    #1 Damn right you ask! Having been in the health services for 45 yrs before retirement I always advocate the questioning attitude.... if you don't ask you may not be told. Any doctor worth his salt will always answer your queries.
    They just get used to thinking you may not understand what they have to say. If you don't understand.... ask for the layman's version with a touch of humour to keep them on side.
    Make sure you take someone with you so that there is someone else who may pick up on something you could miss, there's always so much jargon that one can get confused.
    Best of luck hoping all goes well. Cheers Vicki
    victoria a few months ago i went and had a canula put in have had many put in hundreds of neadles every blood test going and never been frightend of needles the nurse put the canlula in no problem i was talking to her having a joke she said she will flush it out only water she said next thing i woke up with 2 doctors and all kinds of nurses my blood pressure dropped 60 points in minutes they tried to say i must have fainted but i knew better my daughter is a nursing sister in intensive care it was definitely not water they flushed it out with i must have had well over a thousand injections but this was the first time anything lke this has happen to me makes you think? jp

7. Thanks Keith Tindell, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

after the last few weeks my faith in the NHS has gone down a lot even my daughter who was a sister in critical care children's said something is wrong and the nurse that give me it had a scareing look on her face? jp

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats pretty scary John, is it possible to have a quiet word with someone, to point out your concerns, otherwise if she turns up again, yowl be doing a runner. But all best wishes John, kt

- - - Updated - - -

This nursing system is a bit worrying sometimes, year before last i had an op for a very big stomach hernia, two days in hospital. Before i went under , the nurse put one of these flight stockings on my leg, they had to cut it off in theatre, she had put it on upside down !!!, i thought she was struggling to get this thing on, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John
    I am here again. Seriously,
    Get yourself into the Christie Hospital They are the Worlds Best Professionals for Cancer, They Do Not make mistakes there, only Cures.
    All the Best
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i will have a scan tuesday then get the results in two weeks with the virus i am very high risk i will have a lot of questions when i finally get to the top dog i think that they kept another cancer from me for 4 and a half years is not right i had a lot more fight in me 4 years ago its only come to light since being under a professor who has a clinic at cristies manchester but my trust has gone from them all?? jp

13. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John
    if the professor has a clinic at Christies she would be there full time.
    Some Doctors pay to have a clinic, it looks good on their CV.
    they do Not mess around in Christies, Everyone i know including myself who have been there have got cured, and rang the Bell.,
    Two weeks is a long tome to wait for the results.
    They cannot stop you from going,
    Your choice John,
    I know where I would rather be.
    Good Luck
    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast