Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eyes

I am still on the waiting list and know it will only be Next Year before i get in, but i do have another appointment in September for yet another Test on my Right Eye as it looks like something about a Nerve has to be examined ?? Will know more after September! Oh Dear!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How about this. Went to renew my license for another five years, Indian woman in the Service centre said, read the second line, and switched a screen on the wall behind her, I looked up and said read it, I can't even bloody see it, she said well you have to, or you can't drive. I said I have just been to an optometrist and she passed me as good to drive, and I'm seeing the Dr next week to have my eye test and medical.
    She said go home and think about it. I saw my son who put up the same screen on his computer and i could read it, so I went back up to the service centre, I explained what had happened to the young bloke who runs the place, the Indian was out for lunch that God, he said maybe you had been in the sun, he switched the screen on and said read the second line, he saw me looking at it and turned around, Oh! sorry he said and switched the letters to black, and I read them straight off, it was something the Indian hadn't done, five more years no sweat.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Des
    Like you i too had to go for my Licence Renewal but i had the Opticians Test Results in my little hand LOL
    So no worries even though my Eyes are not that good , my Optician is a real good Guy and passed me as he knows that i will be having my Op whenever they can get me in
    So yes now another five Years on the Licence! Good feeling must say!
    Oh yes and a little laugh here as the Lady who served me at the RTA after looking on the Puter ,said oh i see that you have some Hearing problem, i responded sharp shoot with 'Yes but its all fixed now see i have a Hearing Aid" , showing her the left Ear, i read her lips ,so she was non the wiser! LOL That was naughty but nice ! I cannot hear a bleedin thing at times even with the Hearing Aid its useless. Have to go for new Tests soon Oh Boy what a Joy to get old hey !! Grrrr!!!

You must have been really peed off with what happened!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 8th July 2020 at 02:24 AM.

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I was told my sight was now at 97% and
    glasses if worn would fine tune all.

K.

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In my case i have had a detached retina in my right eye, so its only my left eye that allows me to drive, i failed my test for driving because of the cataract, 6 month waiting list, so decided to have it done privately (£2500), it was due to be done on the 7th April, but cancelled on the 5th because of the virus, so now i have to have 14 days isolation, and then the op, so hopefully back behind the wheel again, kt
    R689823

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith T
    You have or had a detached Retina??
    Sherbet mate if you have then its vital you have it seen to immediately! I had one many Years back and i was rushed to Hospital, where they immediately used Laser to Re Attach it, if it had not been done i would have lost sight in the Left Eye.
    The Op was a great success and but fr smaller vision in that Eye and of course Cataract now ,all is well.
    Hope yours is been done mate!

I had what looked like a curtain or shadow coming from one corner of my Eye at the time , so it was bad as it was peeling away. but there are i know other Types which are not quite so bad but still need looking at as son as it can be!
    Keep Well
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 8th July 2020 at 06:56 AM.

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So far no such for me, but have to have three pairs of glasses.
    Reading, then a pair for driving done as sunnies and a pair for watching the box.
    In shopping centers and the like I wear ordinary sunnies when walking around as the fluoros can give me a migraine.
    Learned many years ago about the oscolating that occurs in fluros and that it can cause head aches.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, had, Doc, had the same shadow across my eye, went to the optician, and the pratt said it was nothing to worry about, went back again 10 days later as it was getting worse, saw a different optician, she said i want you in hospital today, problem was it could not be done on the Island, so it was Southampton for the op. That was 4 years ago, but the vision in that eye is about 40%, and nothing can be done to improve it. As you say , lovely getting old, kt
    R689823

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Just had a call from the hospital, and my cataract op is on the 22nd July, so back driving soon i hope, kt
    Ill see you straight when i get my glasses Keith.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    No, had, Doc, had the same shadow across my eye, went to the optician, and the pratt said it was nothing to worry about, went back again 10 days later as it was getting worse, saw a different optician, she said i want you in hospital today, problem was it could not be done on the Island, so it was Southampton for the op. That was 4 years ago, but the vision in that eye is about 40%, and nothing can be done to improve it. As you say , lovely getting old, kt
    Keith T
    You were very lucky indeed that the Peeling was slow, mine was very fast moving the reason for my immediate Operation. But mine was done then and the sight is almost as it was Keith, just old age and cataracts now so after the Cataracts hoping all will be a lot better

Cheers

R697530

15. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast