Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Codgers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Old Codgers

Looks like the Government are getting ready to ban over 70 year olds from leaving their home. Ban will be introduced in the coming weeks and is to prevent us from caching the virus.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Old Codgers

My wife 75 is in for knee replacement on Tuesday, so its surprising that they have not cancelled all non urgent ops. she has been waiting for 7 months for this op, so IF it goes ahead i will be glad to get her home and batten down, order food online etc, and watch a lot of TV, cheerful stuff i hope !!, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    My wife 75 is in for knee replacement on Tuesday, so its surprising that they have not cancelled all non urgent ops. she has been waiting for 7 months for this op, so IF it goes ahead i will be glad to get her home and batten down, order food online etc, and watch a lot of TV, cheerful stuff i hope !!, kt
    Keith, I have had two out patient appointments in clinic rearranged in the last 7 days, Not surgery like your good wife, But I hate to be the one to say it ………………… Don't hold your breath mate best regards to you both p.s Iwas in my local supermarket this morning as soon as it opened 10am by the time I got to the checkout there must have been 15 shoppers obviously panic buying this has to be stopped there is absolutely no need all the big retailers have told us they have enough food etc.. stocked in warehouses to keep this country going for years there problem is the supermarkets can only stock so much food because of lack of space they cant deliver the stuff quick enough for the bloody vultures {Ridiculous}Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We don't mind if my wife op is cancelled, its just waiting for someone to say so, it makes sense to cancel, they are going to be desperate for beds, so she would be in max 3 days, lots of people in dire straits could be seen to. Hampshire is the worst affected county in numbers, but this is only going to get a lot worse.so cover your heads and every thing else We are already pretty much battened down and ready for sea, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In many ways I agree with the ban, but it will mean that our body systems will have no immunity in the future.
    4 Months banged up, we'll all go mad.

Ted, Not only this government, all governments across Europe are doing drastic things. Spoke to my niece who lives in Germany, she was in Berlin, no one moving about streets empty.
    If the squaddies prevent the idiots from bulk buying good.
    Someone was mugged for their toilet rolls when leaving a Sainsbury's.
    The Yanks are going mad for loo rolls.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gentlemen, I have pruned this Thread as I think it was getting too emotive and creating unhappiness and possible worry to members. The situation for all of us is serious, however lets make this site a little haven for us, where hopefully, just for a short time, we can forget what is happening around us and remember the good times and our lives at sea. I would ask that we try and keep the site as a little place we can visit which takes us away from our present concerns and worries. To this end I would also ask that we desist from posting demoralising posts ( Keith @ T please note ) and try to inject a bit of fun and enjoyment into the site. Thank you all.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 15th March 2020 at 11:38 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes we have been told to hide away if we get it, but wait there is more>
    If you are down at the heads you must hide foe two weeks and the police will be checking up on you.
    Put a 'Do Not Knock' on my door, keeps the mother in law away so should work with police!!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Being stuck indoors for weeks on end will soon have us all singing the BP tanker song,
    "Just got back from Abadan
    I'm a BP tanker man
    I earn more than the Aga Khan
    But I'm Crazy, crazy, crazy"
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if all us ex seamen will go on a bender when they finally let us ashore in a couple of months time `?, just like the old days, only this time they won't have to lock up their daughters !!!!, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its a bit like being anchored out - in sight of all the pleasures but unable to take part
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast