Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Eyes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eyes

No John
    No matter who does the referral and Op all are the same here in NSW.
    As said you pay the Hospital upfront for Tests then they claim back the Medicare Rebate for you and it is deposited directly into your account.
    The actual Op will be Free ,however the Right Eye having this Nerve issue , is a seperate Op and is at present not covered by Medicare! But !! Yes isnt it strange that only Tonight on the News they are saying now that any Op associated with Nerve Damage causing possible Glocauma ( as the Nerve damage causes pressure behind the Eye) will be subsidised to a certain amount,making it at least a bit more affordable for Pensioners like me and others,so that is a Bonus .
    So again as said for both Eyes (one at at a time) the Cataract Ops will be Free, i will only pay for the Tests upfront with a Medicare Rebate,and for the Nerve pressure release Op well that i will still have to find out how much and what rebate on whatever i will get!
    Cheers
    Cannot really understand Australia at times,with the Laws in different States being so mixed ?? Surely it is one Country and all Laws etc should be the same !!??
    Oh well thats life!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks Chris Allman, Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been waiting for 2.5 years for the eye operation. Recently sent an email to the head of WA health asking why I couldn’t get any answers. After finally filtering through I received correspondence that I had missed an appointment ! Sheer lies as never had one. Every time I phoned the Fremantle Hospital that dept. would not answer the phone. Finally got an an appointment to get the measuring done and went through the whole process. 3 weeks later got the official letter back that would maybe have to wait another year. Shortly after this again got a phone call from the original assessor of 2.5 years ago saying that the rules had been eased and the areas changed and she could maybe do quicker in a local hospital. But had to attend another appointment to be assessed. Wheels within wheels. Covering their own backs. I don’t blame the medical staff it is the administration who seem to hold everything up. My advice to anyone seeking eye operations is keep clear of Fremantle hospital. Without trying to be politically incorrect I blame a lot of this on alien staff who have insufficient skills to the use of the English language , plus the attitudes they have in their old countries of origin. I only hope their practical skills are much better. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th March 2020 at 02:41 AM.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We only have auxiliary’s on the private , and I was quoted quite a few thousand. After waiting for so long I am not going to pay now. Won’t be around all that long in any case. As said the first lady who saw would have done them there and then practically as said they were ready for doing. However I lived just outside her area and had to go to Fremantle my wife had hers done a couple of years ago no bother. I personally think it is an administration error which I don’t care about but they for some. Reason don’t want to admit to. The recent call from the First Lady who wanted to do going on from nearly 3 years ago and her now saying she will be able to do now as the different areas are different now , looks like a continuation of the saga. And Fremantle hospital saying it could be another year waiting smacks to me of nothing changing. As say I couldn’t care less about any fault in the administration but a bit of honesty would be nice to see. The to see bit is quite apt in this case.
    Regards JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th March 2020 at 05:07 AM.

6. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As you say Vernon, so many different rules for each state, it makes me wonder at times if we are one country or just a collection of some?

Terri had a dental problem, tooth out and a plate requires extending.
    Go to the guy who did the plate at first to be told, no you will have to go to the clinic first for a clean up.
    Back to the Community health Center where she had the original treatment, no worries mate, take this voucher to our technicians just along the road and all will be fixed at no cost to you.

Not what you know, who you know!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Doc Vernon, Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John, Vernon.
    I can't understand why you have had to wait so long, I went to see the optician about glasses, she said you should have that cataract seen to, I didn't know i had one, she made an appointment with an eye surgeon in Canberra Hospital who told me she would operate in two months, had it done, everything on medicare.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John S Probably the inmates here get better attention than those on the outside. Fremantle Hospital - I was taken off the MV Manunda by ambulance in 1948 with malaria. Got inoculated by anopheles mozzies in Papua New Guinea earlier in the year.
    Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 14th March 2020 at 11:54 AM.
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Typo correction; The MV 'Maunda' should read MV 'Manunda' (of the AUSN - Adelaide United Steamship Navigation). Inter ocular implants surgery was a much longer wait at that time.
    Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#89..That palace of accomodation is now empty Richard and is now a museum piece.I would advocate opening it up again and providing accomodation for our nefarious miscreants . Just using these big words to let Des know a few more before I run out of expletatives, the spelling though is a different subject. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Richard #89 I assumed it was a picture of Fremantle prison. If is a picture of Fremantle hospital, my apologies. However is proof that my eyes ain’t what they should be. Regards JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th March 2020 at 10:15 AM.

15. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see that my subject has gone off topic.!!!!!!!!
    Gallery Manager and Friend of the Website

R 693816

Please visit the Gallery to see the latest photos

17. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast