Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: at last

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: at last

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Pook View Post
    Good morning Doc. What a difference the op. makes. The first thing I saw when I got home was a new telly, but it wasn't, it was my eyes! Literally everything appears different, even colours.

Colin
    R684420
    Hi Colin
    Thanks for that and yes I do hope that my turn will soon arrive,i now have yet another appointment (third one now) on 26th June,and hoping that will be the last before the next step being the actual Op.
    Like Chris this waiting is the killing thing,but with so many here on the waiting list ,what can one do but sit and wait.
    Its nice to know that the actual procedure is not that bad,and I hope that mine will be like yours,quick and easy!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I found that procedure the best thing since sliced bread, not having to wear glasses all the time, as I did for years while working. Now just need them for small print, newspapers and books. even have no problem with the computer.
    regards stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From comments on here it would appear you have to wait for some time before being sorted, why?

My wife had both hers done and each time within 2 weeks of seeing the optician who did the op.
    Is there such along waiting list in UK now for such?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Colin Pook liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My first eye operation on 25th April was cancelled and has now been fixed for Saturday 1st June. This means that I will have waited 5 months for my operation and still have another one to follow after that. I was told that the waiting lists are very long and the only reason that I am getting done now is that the longer I wait the more trickier the operations become. The waiting time is a worrying time and the sooner it is over the better it will be for both my family and I.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 3rd May 2019 at 02:18 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    I had my cataracts done in Mornington Peninsular hosp. I had worn glasses all my life was quite weird to see and not feel a pair of glasses on my face. We wont mention all those wrinkles I could see on my face!!!

I have heard Victoria that such wrinkles can be removed, or at least reduced, by not wearing a bra!LOL
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th July 2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The waiting time here is getting bad but having said that,a lot of this re examination on my Eyes stems from the fact that (as I have said ) Years ago had a Detached Retina Had Laser Beam Surgery to Re Attach as it was peeling away so fast that I was rushed into Hospital straight from work,no questions asked and directly into Surgery,never even had time to tell any of the Family till it was all over and in the Hospital Bed!

After the op it took quite some time for me to be able to see a all,and at one stage was told that I could very well not see correctly again.

Anyway it did come good,but since then I have always seen everyting about three quarters to half the size of my other Eye,which took some getting used to.

Now the thing is that they are concerned about that old Op. and are making sure that all will be OK for the Cataracts to be removed without doing any damage .
    Bit of a iffy thing really but will just hope that all will go correctly,otherwise I will be joining the old Guy called "One Eye Jacks" LOL
    Cheers this is what happens in your Golden Years!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 4th May 2019 at 07:14 AM.

R697530

8. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Colin.

Here in the States it's a one day service (per eye) too, as an out-patient procedure, the whole thing was two hours max.. I only waited ten days for the op. I have one eye that is 20-20 and the other I can only see peripherally. it's like having a black disk in the eye and just seeing around it. I am long sighted in my good eye, but gradulally lost it with the growth of the cataracts.

I was extremely nervous with the operation, because if something was to go wrong with my good eye, for all sense and purpose I would be blind. The surgeon was great and explained what he was doing as he was doing it. No sweat, five minuets and done, no pain, nowt! Next week the other eye was done.

I got my distance vision back, as good as it was in my prime. I have lost some close up vision and have readers. I had a pair of bifocals made with prescription for reading (books, map reading in the car etc.) and plain glass for the upper/distance and wear them all the time, no sweat. I have a pair of regular prescription readers for the computer.

Doc. The actual procedure was a "walk in the park." I hope the same is true for you.

"One eyed Jack" Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 4th May 2019 at 06:41 PM.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

at last-part 2. had my first 'follow up' at my local hospital. Came away with instructions to visit local opticians, and 2 bottles of drops.
    Visited opticians, lengthy consultation, baffled me in the first five minutes. Asked for diagnosis in words of not more than 1 syllable,
    and learned that I have an ( here we go) astigmatism in left eye, and dry eye syndrome in both eyes. Must now wear prescription
    glasses to (hopefully) restore astig what ever it is, for the rest of my days, also a second pair of tinted ones for sunny days , another pair
    for reading, and 2 lots of drops to stick in 4 times a day for the rest of!! AND I THOUGHT I WAS CURED BY HAVING CATARACTS REMOVED!
    I do have 2 nice blue eyes though!!
    Ah well, you win some--you lose some.

cheers everyone.
    Colin
    R684420

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Colin.

Here in the States it's a one day service (per eye) too, as an out-patient procedure, the whole thing was two hours max..

Doc. The actual procedure was a "walk in the park." I hope the same is true for you.

"One eyed Jack" Rodney
    I hope so, got my appointment for 7th Aug.
    Was at hospital 10 days ago for measurements etc. and the nurse remarked oh you have Mr so an so, you will be done twice as fast as anyone else, I said am not interested in speed, I just want it doin properly
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th July 2019 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well with all the palava that went on with me of late,all my apointments for my Eyes were of course put on hold till futher notice.
    So here i am again just sitting and waiting for the Healing process of the Operation (Heart Surgery) to fully get better,after that i will then again start all over with the Eyes!
    Gosh this old Age ! Where did all that vigarous youth go! LOL
    Ah well so be it!

Possible wont be able to get much done till about end September or early October now?? Remains to be seen.
    Cheers

Gald to hear of your progress Colin

R697530

14. Thanks eric fisher thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast