Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Food

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Food

Every day we are bombarded by information on the type of food we eat, how it is unhealthy etc.
    To me the most unhealthy food of all is the kebab, how can it be healthy, whilst cooking it leeches fat by the barrowload. It is also continually heated and allowed to cool, how can this be healthy?
    A few years ago BBC E.M. showed a programme where the Kebab meat was allowed to stand in a carpark for twenty four hours before delivery.
    To me it should be banned.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food

Having spent a long time in the food industry my fridge is set at 2 degrees the freezer is set at -30 reheated food gets thrown away not eaten but when it comes to the kebab it must be every piece of rubbish left over from any animal they can find
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Kebabs are various cooked meat dishes, with their origins in Middle Eastern cuisine. Many variants are popular throughout Asia, and around the world. Kebabs are often cooked on a skewer, rather than all kebabs, I think you are talking more of the street food takeaway type doner kebab.

A good kebab in a reputable establishment can be quite nice but, I also am not partial to the doner kebab.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vic.
    You can keep that middle East cooking the likes of Kebab which used to hang in the markets covered with flies, never ate ashore then, why should I eat it now.
    Cheers Des
    PS and if anyone thinks this is racist, just think yesterday I caught my finger in my umbrella and got a black-man's pinch wonder if I will be told that's racist

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very popular food source here in Oz.
    But the other day we had a Dietician on the radio banging on about Junk food and how the Golden Arches and KFC sponsor sport.
    She was dead against it and said the gov should put a ban on all Junk food advertising.

When asked how she defined Junk food she replied Golden Arches and the likes of KFC which is all very unhealthy food.

She was then told that should the gov, or any other body, attempt to call such Junk food they would have their rear end sued off them.
    All the ingredients are fresh good foods, it is the consumption in volume that some engage in that is the unhealthy factor.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Tony Taylor, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who actually eats a Donor kebab sober?! Well I have and it's one of the things I miss about the UK.

After my years as a paramedic I became cynical and probably depressed with what I saw, but that another story. I now work on the basis of eating, drinking and doing what makes me happy - I might get hit by a bus or truck tomorrow, I might fall down the stairs and break my neck, maybe get diagnosed with cancer or shot (as I live I the USA...) BUT I'll go happy not worrying about what I should or should eat/drink/do/etc.

SDG

PS I hate most vegetables, drink too much, drive too fast but don't fly helicopters theses days and my company doesn't operate in bad weather nor do I frequent dodgy areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Very popular food source here in Oz.
    But the other day we had a Dietician on the radio banging on about Junk food and how the Golden Arches and KFC sponsor sport.
    She was dead against it and said the gov should put a ban on all Junk food advertising.

When asked how she defined Junk food she replied Golden Arches and the likes of KFC which is all very unhealthy food.

She was then told that should the gov, or any other body, attempt to call such Junk food they would have their rear end sued off them.
    All the ingredients are fresh good foods, it is the consumption in volume that some engage in that is the unhealthy factor.
    I remember a paramedic training class about poisons. We were asked what we thought were poisons. After the usual expected answers the teacher made the statement that 'anything taken into the body, by injection, ingestion, breathing, drinking or eating was toxic - even water if it destroyed the body's natural 'balance'.

SDG

9. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There a bit like Bombay as I remember it, You can smell them before you find them bloody awful nosh never purchased one in my life and never will
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What are the things that figure large in things like Doner kebabs is mechanically recovered meat which is Jet washed off the bones and crushed bone turned to paste all the stuff that nobody would ever buy along with meat from the head snouts ears etc that are processed I avoid things like that therefore don't buy frankfurters either
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sounds a bit like catering and economy sausages.

Rather have the Black or white pudding.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6... I can remember my father telling about his time in the he army during the war years . And was doing a course on medical and first aid applications. They were doing fractures and the bones in the body. The army surgeon doing the lecture picked on him and said “ how many bones are there in your body Sabourn ?” Myself I forget but just say there are 247, he answered 246 Sir. Wrong he said , no I’m ight he said , there then developed into an argument, and my father was put on a charge for arguing with a superior . It was later cancelled when he rolled up his left trouser leg to show his tibia bone was missing. Doctors and medics are not always right. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th January 2019 at 04:29 AM.

14. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast