Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Food

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Food

Bit of a thing going on at the moment; British A mother vented about lack of variety for vegetarians at children's school
    She explained the school almost exclusively serves Quorn as meat-free option. Cannot imagine this being one of the National contract caterers but, a pretty lazy chef somewhere along the line.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian #59, at the last count global population is about 7.9 billion, up from4 billion in 1980 and only just over 1 billion in 1945.

But you are correct, methane is the worst of all gasses but the most often produced as all that decomposes makes it.

Went to a very interesting lecture yesterday about Dinasours, the real ones not those in Whitehall.

The most interesting part was the fact that all scientists in this filed are split on so many theories as to how they came about, what the ate, where they lived and how they became extinct.
    That being the case how can so many scientists be certain about global warming/ climate change?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But talking of food got me to thinking about drinking as well.
    I like the odd drink and as you know 11 is an odd number.
    But I have found that drinking and driving do not go so well, the car often refuses to go the way I want it to.
    I have thought long and hard about this and what to do.
    I have now decided it is time t give it up, so the car is on the market.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Glamorous billionaire who funded study telling people they must only eat a quarter of a rasher of bacon a day to save the planet is slammed as hypocrite for jetting around the world in her £20m private PLANE.

The Norwegian Model-turned-doctor, 40, bankrolled the EAT-Lancet study which controversially unveiled daily quotas such as no more than a 2p-sized beef burgers and a quarter of a chicken breast.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hypocrite.html

6. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many years ago I did a food science degree, one of the things that I learned was that a lot of things that we eat and told that are bad for us, are not if eaten in moderation. In other words there is NO SUCH THING AS JUNK FOOD BUT THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A JUNK DIET

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am the wrong height for my weight I should be 9ft7in jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    I walked into a vegan restaurant the other day by mistake the lady behind the counter said can I help you? no I said I have only come in to look round? well you look round to me you fat b....d? jp
    Not sure if I've posted this story before but here's my Yelp review of a place we unwittingly ended up in.

Unfortunately we were very disappointed in our visit. We were looking for somewhere to get a late breakfast tea as our milk had gone bad.

We ordered and paid for a pot of tea, expecting to get 2 cups. We were brought 1 cup and no sugar or milk. This is the first time there is any clue that the place is vegan - when I ask for these I'm told I can't have proper (cow) milk so have to suffer almond milk. We order a second pot of tea so we can both have one and a scone. The cream was grayish white - I guess that whatever the vegans make cream with.

I appreciate why vegans believe what they do BUT this shouldn't be forced on customers who have no idea - imagine the outcry if this was a 'secret' meat cafe?

There was no mention of the place being vegan on the menu or the store front other than a small chalkboard notice mentioning a vegan bakery which we found on our way out. Had we known we would have gone elsewhere.

This place is British themed, I'm British and found it a little insulting that I can't drink my tea in the British way.

SDG
    Last edited by Shaun Gander; 19th January 2019 at 08:05 PM.

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Avec toutes les saloperies qu'on met dans la viande, hormones de croissance, antibiotiques etc on va tous y rester, il n'y a que les vegetariens qui vont s'en sortir, alors un conseil, si vous voulez manger de la bonne viande, mangez des vegetariens!

English translation:

With all this crap they put in meat, like hormones for fast growing, antibiotics, etc... we will all go down, there's only the vegetarians that will survive - so let me give you a good piece of advice: if you want to eat some healthy meat, eat a vegetarian!

-JeanLuc LeMoine, French humourist

12. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The British Meat industry avoids hormones and antibiotics this is why I think it's important that we do not import us beef which has a high hormone content and avoid Brazilian and Thai chicken which is higher antibiotics if you buy British particularly Red Tractor or RSPCA approved then you don't have any of this problem at all it's about buying British quality
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Keith at Tregenna Guest

15. Likes john walker liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast