Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Food

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    Even Greggs the baker's now do a vegan sausage roll and they are selling out as soon as they go on the shelves. They use Quorn for the filling which actually is quite palatable, though why you would want a non meat product made to taste like meat is beyond me. The biggest producer of Quorn in the u.k, is situated in the north east which somehow does not fit with the stereotype northern beer swilling, pasty eater portrayed by the southern Islington set.
    Rgds
    J.A.
    ha ha I was involved in the original plant build and if you ever smelled the effluent from the manufacturing you would puke.
    The processing plant where it gets packaged is in Stokesley (£20mill. new processing plant to be built at Billingham manufacturing site soon) and I learnt something there also, never put Quorn in your fridge next to anything that has a strong odour as it will rapidly absorb it so your pork sausage flavour might end up being like kippers if you have them together in fridge.
    They only found this out when they had the floor painted one night.
    They lost more than a months production as entire stock was tainted with paint flavour.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Way back in the 1300's many of the people had to love on a diet of mainly vegetables with maybe the occasional Rabbit thrown in, only the landed gentry could have real meat.
    The average age at that time was around 35 to 40.

Today it was announced by a group of BRITISH scientists that by 2050 the whole world should be Vegan and this will stop global warming, where did climate change go to?

By going Vegan we will not need any live stock so no more farting cattle and sheep.

They are the ones causing all the problems according to them, and being Vegan will be good for you and allow you to live longer. Wonder if they knew that in 1300?
    So no more fresh milk, no woolen sweaters, no chook feathers for your pillows and no more animal manure to grow all the wonderful veg you are going to eat.

Just where do these guys get their rocks off, but of course in some parts if that occurs the pot for cooking the white man in may come back.

Maybe they think that such action will reduce the population of the planet, because that is the only way we can reduce the levels of Methane as all that decomposes gives off Methane.
    Oh of course all that veg left overs, whoopee more Methane.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i tried a Quorn sausage roll over Christmas , ONCE !!!!
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Keith at Tregenna Guest

The Vegetarian Society in the UK initially disapproved of Quorn products as it was confirmed that battery eggs were used in the production process. However, Quorn then changed the recipe to free-range eggs instead and their products were since approved by the UK vegetarian society.

K.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some of the Quorn products are now available suitable for vegans where they're not using egg white or milk as a binding product . One thing you need to take into consideration when you're looking at veganism which is basically no eggs no milk no dairy whatsoever is the actual genetics of the human body the adult human due to a genetic mutation which is originally believed to have come from Eastern Europe is the only adult mammal that has a lactose tolerance so when you look at European descended adults 95% of them are capable of digesting lactose when you look in Asia 95% of Asians are not lactose tolerant and not capable of successfully digesting lactose so as humans we are all different therefore to work on a worldwide diet auto set standards without taking into consideration people's individuality and their genetic makeup is absolutely insane
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob so true and how many of the 'Vegan' lot are genuine and not just going through some fad?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A large percentage of vegans are also Believers in animal rights and would like sheep and cattle to live comfortably to arrive old age surrounded by many generations of the Descendants back in the real world you have to appreciate that if you don't grow the cattle put crops on the land when it comes to places like Welsh Hill Farms the Cumbrian Fells the Yorkshire Dales and the Highlands of Scotland the soil is thin and whilst it is good for grazing it is absolutely useless for cropping so you put sheep on it. The Vegan Society will then address farming methods the way that pork is reared in Denmark in intensive farming situations using farrowing crates and concrete floors all the way that cattle is reared indoors in the USA intensively in a huge sheds or continental chicken farming Compares in no way whatsoever to have British farming proceeds with grass fed cattle and sheep and free-range chickens it is so easy for the vegans to take the worst of world practices and try and apply them universally to everybody instead of telling the truth . A strict vegan diet requires supplementary vitamins particularly likes of vb12 a carnivorous diet doesn't that alone should tell you quite a lot but like many minorities if they shout loud enough they get heard and people start to believe them so remembering if it's on Facebook or you've googled it it must be right me I'll just stick to the old pork chop from outdoor reared Hampshire pigs from a farm where I can drive past and see them looking around in the field

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if we went back in history most people lived on vegetable diets country folk had the odd rabbit but most vegetable soups that time the average lifespan was 32 how can a vegan diet be good for you? give me a 16oz Aberdeen angus steak anytime? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are nearly Six Billion people on this planet and all fart every day, including pet dogs cats and rats and mice and every creature on earth. How much Methane is that??
    do we do away with people?? that would save the planet but no one would know .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I walked into a vegan restaurant the other day by mistake the lady behind the counter said can I help you? no I said I have only come in to look round? well you look round to me you fat b....d? jp

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast