Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Food

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food

I have NEVER had a kebab or a take away meal, [old fashioned fish and chips many years ago excepted,]
    I never ever go to a foreign restaurant, You cannot beat good home cooking.
    One "foreign" restaurant here in Boltonistan was closed down due to a Used Condom found in the curry, and ciggy ends in the curry and other disgusting things. Several are closed down due to incredible bad hygene, cockroaches, mouse and rat droppings etc.
    I have a lot of respect for my stomach.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I have NEVER had a kebab or a take away meal, [old fashioned fish and chips many years ago excepted,]
    I never ever go to a foreign restaurant, You cannot beat good home cooking.
    One "foreign" restaurant here in Boltonistan was closed down due to a Used Condom found in the curry, and ciggy ends in the curry and other disgusting things. Several are closed down due to incredible bad hygene, cockroaches, mouse and rat droppings etc.
    I have a lot of respect for my stomach.
    ##sounds like a good ships curry brian .....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    I recall going into the galley on one job, just freshly painted; there were dozens of cockies frozen in time, overtaken by roller or brush. Very entertaining!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

nanhai 1 nov 147.jpg

This was the kitchen of a "seafood" restaurant I used to eat in when working on a job in China

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well you are still here Tony, so you must have a good constitution !!!. I have no faith in the local councils hygiene certificates, our local Indian was showing max 5 for hygiene, and recently fined heavily for mouse droppings, and general dirty kitchen, kt
    R689823

8. Likes cappy, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the kids of today are being brought up in germ free environments and never build a proper resistance to common ailments. We are producing fat germ prone kids and killing them with kindness. JS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    I recall going into the galley on one job, just freshly painted; there were dozens of cockies frozen in time, overtaken by roller or brush. Very entertaining!
    #####funny thing tony joined an old banger in birkenhead .....put in the mission for the night while she got fumigated for rats and cockies ........went to sea ....by the time we got of the azores the cockies were rampant ...but the rats were gone ....cant kill them cockies eggs of ...and they hatch in the warm weather ...just lived with them like most foriegn going seamen in that time .....did a couple of cruises never saw any ....that was a few years ago ....wouldnt cruise now ...unless it was a small vessel ike kong goes on ....regards cappy......ps are you still fishing off the new houses back of brighams ..

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#####funny thing tony joined an old banger in birkenhead .....put in the mission for the night while she got fumigated for rats and cockies ........went to sea ....by the time we got of the azores the cockies were rampant ...but the rats were gone ....cant kill them cockies eggs of ...and they hatch in the warm weather ...just lived with them like most foriegn going seamen in that time .....did a couple of cruises never saw any ....that was a few years ago ....wouldnt cruise now ...unless it was a small vessel ike kong goes on ....regards cappy......ps are you still fishing off the new houses back of brighams ..
    Occasionaly when tide times fit and its not too cold, the cold air affects my lungs these days, I try to compute times with weather and opening times of Dolly Peel as I enjoy a pint of Timothy Taylors on way home ha ha!

13. Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Occasionaly when tide times fit and its not too cold, the cold air affects my lungs these days, I try to compute times with weather and opening times of Dolly Peel as I enjoy a pint of Timothy Taylors on way home ha ha!
    ###well why not we have done our bit ......now its our time to make the rules ....hope the beloved doesnt see that ......cappy

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Well you are still here Tony, so you must have a good constitution !!!. I have no faith in the local councils hygiene certificates, our local Indian was showing max 5 for hygiene, and recently fined heavily for mouse droppings, and general dirty kitchen, kt
    There have been a few up here with forged certs. One of my nieces is an inspector and she says there are not enough of them and also penalties are too lenient.

- - - Updated - - -

###well why not we have done our bit ......now its our time to make the rules ....hope the beloved doesnt see that ......cappy
    Cappy, fortunately my wife likes fishing also and takes no persuading, she will also partake in a half as well so no problem there!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    nanhai 1 nov 144.jpg
    Food preparation area, rusty wire brush next to open drain

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast