Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Personal independence payment and Disability Living Allowance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Personal independence payment and Disability Living Allowance

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    There is still a huge amount of abuse out there Rob, but there are some disabilities which are not obvious to the eye.
    I have to realise how difficult an autistic child can be , and the need is to get them in the shop before they kick off m, but I need the extra width for the wheelchir in blue badge parking ,I tr to understand , not easy
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob, the misuse of Disabled parking is rife in so many ways.
    We have many here who have one for reasons not always visable, but misused by family members.
    The law says the person for whom it has been issued must be in the car when parked in a disabled spot. So many times this is abused.

But thankfully the local parking inspectors are allowed to check the validity of all such permits and report out of dates. So many do not remove them even though the person for whom they were issued no longer needs them for what ever reason.

We now have a National Disability Insurance Scheme for those with serious disabilities.
    It has to be managed by a suitable company, problem is they can take up to 20% off monies allocated in administration fees.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    The law says the person for whom it has been issued must be in the car when parked in a disabled spot.

Is this an error or am I not reading it correctly ?

K.

5. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

K.
    I believe you are correct.At one time you could use it without if you were on business for the card holder e.g. I used to collect oxygen cylinder for a neighbour who was bedridden, and even humping it over the footpath was a trial. Now you cant do that. I was parked on double lines outside a hospital recently and was approached by parking warden who asked to see the picture on the back. All this current law is down to abuse by others and also theft of cards.

7. Thanks robpage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I need the extra width for wheelchair transfer so have little sympathy for abusers
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

K.
    is this clearer

The badge is for your use and benefit only. It must only be displayed if you are travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger, or if someone is collecting you or dropping you off and needs to park at the place where you are being collected or dropped. Do not allow other people to use the badge to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you, unless you are travelling with them.

• You must never give the badge to friends or family to allow them to park for free, even if they are visiting you.

• You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the Blue Badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park whenever possible.

• It is a criminal offence to misuse a badge. This includes people other than the badge holder taking advantage of the parking concessions provided under the scheme.

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

What I did not see as clear was; "The law says the person for whom it has been issued must be in the car when parked in a disabled spot."

I guess this must mean at the time of commencement of parking and not during the time parked ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

commencement or during or at exiting

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Now even more confused are you talking of the badge or the person ?

RE:The person for whom it has been issued must be in the car when parked ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    is this clearer

The badge is for your use and benefit only. It must only be displayed if you are travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger, or if someone is collecting you or dropping you off and needs to park at the place where you are being collected or dropped. Do not allow other people to use the badge to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you, unless you are travelling with them.

• You must never give the badge to friends or family to allow them to park for free, even if they are visiting you.

• You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the Blue Badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park whenever possible.

• It is a criminal offence to misuse a badge. This includes people other than the badge holder taking advantage of the parking concessions provided under the scheme.

Rob, the laws in UK regarding this are the same as here in Oz.
    There is a significant fine for abuse of the permit but do not know how much or if it has been implemented, though a Guy I know said he has heard of a couple who were penalized fort abuse of it.
    And rightly so, I do know that if you park in a Disabled parking spot without a permit the parking inspector will have no mercy on you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast