Thread: Vegetables

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Vegetables

I think I am in good health , there are no obvious signs of illness. I need glasses for reading and am due for a sight test , I may need glasses for driving , just to be safe.
    When I catch a cold it takes a long time to shake it off but apart from these two minor complaints everything else seems OK.
    I must be lucky because the only vegetables I have ever eaten are potatoes and peas. I have never tried or tasted other veg. This was a problem when I first went to sea because all the meals were plated up in the galley I had to scrape off all the greens , onions etc. before I could eat. My favourite meal was breakfast. The board of trade salad left for watchkeepers was always covered in onions and swimming in beetroot juice. Life became much easier when most ships changed to self service.
    On TV there are constant appeals to send money to help those dying from hunger while there is also a growing crisis from the rise of obesity.
    The advice we receive on healthy eating is always changing , eat meat / do not eat meat , eat dairy products / do not eat dairy products. I will be sticking to my spuds and peas.

2. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    I think I am in good health

The advice we receive on healthy eating is always changing , eat meat / do not eat meat , eat dairy products / do not eat dairy products. I will be sticking to my spuds and peas.

LOU, Apparently because of our very dry summer we will all be sticking with spuds and peas, Carrots are apparently that small they are estimated to cost over a £1 a kilo this winter. Could only happen in this country m8 Terry.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 16th September 2018 at 07:02 AM.
    {terry scouse}

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vegetables

Bought a big bag of fresh carrots for 45p in Sainsburys yesterday. plus Broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, green beans, cauliflower, Lettuce and Roicket. and tomatoes,

We have at least five vegetables and grapes, bananas , and apples every day. Rarely eat Red meat, mostly chicken coated with honey roasted, and Fish four times a week,
    I am 84 next birthday a super fit hero. I lift my weights and use exercise bike every day. Do not sup ale any more, just two glasses of wine a week with Sunday dinner.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 15th September 2018 at 11:27 AM.

6. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post