Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The NHS

My Brother`s ex wife was in a Nursing Home and was taken ill, she was in her late 70s, The Hospital put her on that Liverpool Pathway,
    No food, No Drinks, wait for Death.
    My four Nephews, her sons, went to the hospital, took her out, against the wishes of the Staff. and took her back to the Nursing Home, they fed her and she lived another two years.
    and I always thought the Death Penalty had been abolished.

Brian

4. Likes John Pruden, N/A, John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The main problem with the NHS is money.I have just come home from a clinic (yes held on a Saturday)I was seen to by a surgeon,he offered me a couple of options for my complaint explaining to me each one.I opted for one and he said I'm sorry I can't do that because I haven't got the money,it involved an implant which cost £1.000,he said it could be done but you have to go on a waiting list,he has to wait until he gets ten and then he has to wait until he gets another 10 before he gets the funds,so I am on his waiting list but for how long I don't know.Just reading about the Liverpool Pathway this surgeon had a different outlook to that,he was telling me that he is obliged to treat every patient no matter their age.My problem is not life threatening but treatment would make life better for me,he said many years ago people of my age with my problem would've just been sent home without any treatment.The clinic was quiet today so he had me there for about half an hour telling me all what he thought about the NHS and it's future.
    By the way Brian I use the hospital pharmacy once a month and I have never ever seen anybody paying for their medication,they can't all be on benefits.Just looked at a website.
    If you need to access the services below then medicines are free.
    Medicines administered at a hospital or a NHS Walk-In Centre.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim
    at the Pharmacy in Bolton Royal Hospital and at Salford Royal Pharmacy, and the Bolton NHS Walk-In Centre. I see Patients paying for their prescriptions,
    If you are a day patient is different than a Stay patient.
    Not if you are over 65 or on Benefits.
    A lot of Hospitals have changed over to Lloyds Pharmacy so it is now getting commercial.
    Cheers
    Brian.

7. Likes Jim Brady, John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian I don't doubt you maybe that is how they operate at those hospitals that you use,I use Lloyds at the Liverpool Royal one day I had a doctors prescription and they cannot take prescriptions as prescribed by GP's only those from the hospital doctor.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is the same here Jim
    Only hospital prescriptions not GPs.
    Brian
    I guess the system is a changing.
    Cheers

Brian

10. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My recent experiences with the local NHS hospital have been brilliant, I was sent to a private clinic and had two cataracts
    removed and had two lens implants even though I have end stage AMD in one eye, I am now being treated with Eylea injections
    and have to go every six weeks to be monitored, this has cost the NHS a lot of money, I am almost 78 and am very relieved
    and grateful that they think I'm still worth being looked after, cheers. JC
    Last edited by John F Collier; 14th January 2017 at 04:30 PM.

12. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, cappy, N/A, dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too many people knock the NHS for Political Reasons and nothing else. When Labour was in Power it had Problems. Nothing has changed.
    It is demoralising when the Staff read of all these accounts , They all work very long hours and not a lot of people tell them how wonderful they are.
    I had a new Doctor in Hospital in November, I wrote to congratulate her to the Management, for her manner and the treatment she gave me, I was impressed, she was also a moo, slim, but that didn't matter, she did a good job, I saw her again two weeks ago and she thanked me for writing to the Management.
    That is all they need. They do not need stupid politicians making out that they are inefficient,

My son works a 12 hour day and every other weekend he is on call, He leaves home at 0700 and arrives back at 2100.

My only objection is Politicians saying , "We have an AGEING Population, that is why we have the problems."
    That is a load of Rubbish, It is this group of people who worked for 50 Years paying their Taxes and paying NHI Contributions.
    Today out of the entire Population very few are paying NHI contributions. i.e. Those who make a living on Benefits as a way of life and Immigrants who have never paid one penny into it.
    Also we had an Aging population 50,60, 70, 80 years ago, My Grandmothers and Great Grandmothers ,and Aunts and Uncles,. all lived until they were in their Late 90s. and so did many others.
    No Politician ever blames the increase on More and more immigrants and asylum seekers coming in and using the NHS without contributing.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th January 2017 at 04:34 PM.

14. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is more important saving life or killing people ?
    Cancel the billions spent on nuclear weapons which can't be used without being destroyed in return. In our recent wars the cost was never an issue.
    Overseas aid only for national emergency. Our great NHS , dedicated doctors and nurses must take priority.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian I had a couple of stints in hospital last year and the care I received was second to none, there was nothing I could fault everything and everyone A1 at Lloyds also being treated at the Royal by a doctor of that faith who has now got my complaint sorted.I can't see it being all political as you say it is as we have top medics telling Mrs May that the hospitals are in crisis with many hospitals on high alert.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast