Default Re: The NHS

Good news indeed John.
    Regards
    Vic

4. Thanks John Pruden thanked for this post
    Likes dave moore liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

There was an article in Wednesday's Times and apparently France has exactly the same problems as us with patients on trolleys in corridors, Germany has had to close some A&E depts as they can't cope and Italy and Sweden were also struggling. Winter always has and always will be a difficult time for health services, so perhaps our NHS is no worse than that of other countries and a darn sight better than many others.

Wonder how often this occurs!

Man evicted from hospital for blocking bed for two years - BBC News

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the whole of Europe's hospitals are bound to be over run 5 or more countries have emptied out into Europe medical histories of transients have to start again the paperwork language problems and just the sheer mass of extra patients is bound to be a strain on any organisation let alone on ours throwing money is not enough no answer to the problem at this time. instead of destroying countries money should be made to rebuild them and move people home? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion, that story is rediculous. How can the hospital allow someone to stay that long? Surely all they had to do was have him put out by security or the police!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#105, Apparently not John, believe the patient had mental health issues, which prolonged the process. Makes you wonder what the hospital manager/admin are paid for!

10. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

Follow up to#103,Man evicted from hospital for blocking bed for two years - BBC News

Bed-blocking patient evicted after two years 'did not want to stay' - BBC News

12. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Re: The NHS

Johno, Re #97
    Johno, re 97

Dual Citizenship in the United States:

Dual citizenship had previously been banned in the United States, but in 1967 the US Supreme Court struck down most laws forbidding dual citizenship.

However, the US government remained disdainful of dual citizenship for some time. To this day, candidates for US citizenship through naturalization are forced to (at least hypothetically) renounce their previous citizenship at the United States naturalization ceremony.
    The renouncing of one’s previous citizenship is part of the oath that new US citizens must take, and failing to honor that oath could result in the loss of citizenship in the United States.

Some cases that have been brought before the Department of State in the past involve people who became naturalized US citizens but maintained a residency and life in their country of previous citizenship.

While most countries recognize the Oath of Allegiance in the United States to be a binding contract regarding one’s citizenship, other countries have stated that the oath has no effect on their own citizenship laws. The US government used to aggressively pursue these cases to get the dual citizens to renounce their citizenship, but this is no longer the case. [From the US handbook of citizenship.]

The UK does not recognize the US citizenship oath of allegiance. As far as I'm concerned I am a US citizen, as far as the UK is concerned I am British with dual citizenship. In order to clarify this I must go to any British Consulate and formally in written form renounce my British citizenship. As it stands I could apply for a passport and use it to avoid the British airport queues for foreigners...but then I'd have to wait in the luggage area for my wife to get through the foreigners entry...no, I think I'll stick with her.

14. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having returned from hospital yesterday , and having the operation after two cancellations, I can only say whatever afflicts the NHS, it's not the people at the business, end ie the wards. All the doctors staff could not do enough for me, fantastic treatment. The only comment was the paperwork, masses and masses of forms they have to fill in for just about everything, and made me wonder who studies all these forms?however I one have a drain that has to be removed tomorrow, and have a girdle strapped around my stomach, and my wife has to inject me once a week for 6 days, but I Am Home kt

16. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

keith don't you get fed up giving name and date of birth every few minutes the nhs is great Britain at its best nice to have you back keith you will be up and about don't forget a laugh a day keeps the quack away?? jp

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast