Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Back pain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Back pain

I can beat Ivan's hit by a 3 ton grab, I tried to stop a 200 ton crane with my foot, you can guess what can off worse.
    It is quite easy to damage your spine as I found out a number of years ago after ending up having a starboard list and down by the head after putting my back out by simply twisting round in a seat the wrong way. The upshot of it all was I damaged two discs in my spine and had to have an operation to shave the discs to stop them putting pressure on the nerves around my spine. It was only a 24 hour stay in hospital and was able to walk straight away with no problem. This was after a couple of years of having physio in an attempt to cure the pain (exercise and been stretched on the rack).
    rgds
    JA

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife also went to one of these physios and it was her who put her straight, after being told for years she had a damaged disc in her back by doctors, was found it was her hips, she now has two titatium hips and no pain. Was a recent article in UK newspapers about hip replacements not being successful , she must be one of the few who were then as can even go dancing now. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    I have been taking the wife's advice for my sore back, I put a towel over the top of a door and hang on to both ends and let it take all the weight, seems to work. Hope so anyway as if it doesn't as my wife said next time she would tie the towel around my bloody neck to stop me winging.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Good tip that Ivan have trouble finding these days with both hands. One for you if have trouble bending to put on laced up shoes, buy elastic laces. The shoes then become slip ons, no bending and still appear as laced up. I cant get socks on so always ask wife, but for 8 months of year don't wear socks as warm enough not to, only way around that if live in a cold country is dip your feet in a pot of red lead, know its illegal now but what the heck, women used to paint their legs during the war. Cheers JS

John, docking day in Southampton. One of the wingers in tourist had a bad night and was so much the worse for wear. Could not find his socks so covered his ankles in black shoe polish in the hope no one would notice. However the second steward did and next voyage he was not there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was it Cherry Blossom? JS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3