Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Back pain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Back pain

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I have a lot of severe back pain. I try to make my body accept pain as a normal way of life.
    . Very hard to do, been working on it for a long time. Tried several pain killers, But do not like to put any kind of drug into my body, long term they do you no good.
    I have fallen off a mast, had my leg crushed, A steel Podger fell 40 feet while steel erecting and broke four ribs, just bent down or it would have hit me on the head and killed me, near drowned, had many other falls, etc.
    With all the accidents I have had , broke legs three times, broke right arm, broken thumb falling downstairs in a Greek Brothel, four broken ribs, broken collar bone and torn clavicles in the Antarctic with a nasty elephants seal, a fractured skull , several whip lash injuries in car crashes. and many other injuries with over 120 stitches.
    I must try to be more careful in future,
    Where was Health and Safety when I needed them,?

Its being so cheerful that keeps me going.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    I just can't believe at one stage someone told me your nickname was 'Lucky'

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi James
    I have been lucky all my life as far as back pain goes; that is until a week ago, I do some back strengthening exercise now and then, last week I did some and I must have pulled a muscle in my hip, not too bad, but as they say a pain in the butt.
    I'm like Rod, still sleep on the edge of the bed as if waiting for the watch call.
    Mind you I wouldn't join the surfers out here would have all the back pain in the world with a sharks teeth embedded there.

Cheers Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 4th November 2016 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had severe back hip and knee pain for years now, had back opp in December 1990 screws and baling wire hold me together.Recently a mate of mine told me to try Silica Liquid, i am now on the third bottle, at the price i pay per bottle $27 i find i go through a lot less pain, not complete pain relief
    but lots easier than it was. Give it a go.Just one teaspoon a day. Cheers.

5. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suffered severe back pain for a number of years, then suddenly it went. Coincidental the day the mother in law passed away. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Charlie Hannah, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    I suffered severe back pain for a number of years, then suddenly it went. Coincidental the day the mother in law passed away. LOL
    You mean you can now sit down

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

December 19th 1986 (I remember it well) I was hit by a 3 ton grab, suffered quite a few broken bones plus jaw and teeth damage, had a few operations the last one was to remove all the steel pins and replace them with pins made from bone which had been taken from the other bones that had been broken and had mended showing they were healthy and 'should' fuse, I was told it was an experiment and if didn't work then I would lose all mobility in the affected parts, I just said 'go ahead' nothing ventured, nothing gained. I was in plaster, the fibre glass type, (can be used as hammer without breaking if you swing your arm hard enough! unlike normal plaster), for a total of 22 months, didn't stop me working, as had my own company, on the 7th of January 1987 I was in West Africa on a job, wife, kids, mortgage and employees to feed, never received a penny in sick pay, but what the hell, I was alive, the bones did fuse , thank you surgeons and nurses, and I have 99% mobility, the 1% lack thereof is due to old age, my shoe laces are getting more difficult to reach!

The last thing to mend was my right wrist (right handed) which had been severely crushed, made greeting some people difficult when on a job, as cannot proffer your left hand, although on many occasion would have loved to do so. Also a little tip if you are right handed and it is immobilised, turn your 'Y' fronts inside out as it puts the slot on the other side and makes your tackle easier to reach with your left hand, should nature call!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good tip that Ivan have trouble finding these days with both hands. One for you if have trouble bending to put on laced up shoes, buy elastic laces. The shoes then become slip ons, no bending and still appear as laced up. I cant get socks on so always ask wife, but for 8 months of year don't wear socks as warm enough not to, only way around that if live in a cold country is dip your feet in a pot of red lead, know its illegal now but what the heck, women used to paint their legs during the war. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th November 2016 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan,
    If it wasn't for the Bad Luck you would have had No Luck at all.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He was probably watching some female in the background and never saw the grab coming Brian, either that or he hadnt paid his protection money. It was around that time we were boarded by pirates off Georgetown old British Guiana ( South America). Showed that discretion was the better part of valour. The meat boat had been alongside earlier in the evening and had to barricade oneself in room also. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th November 2016 at 11:09 AM.

14. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    He was probably watching some female in the background and never saw the grab coming Brian, either that or he hadnt paid his protection money. JS
    How did you guess

16. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast