Thread: GPs Bless them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default GPs Bless them

From the age of 15 to 60 saw a shipping doctor every 2 years, so by my reckoning was 23 times, during same period saw my own GP I think once, in fact he didn't even know who I was. From 60 to 65 had to see shipping doctor every year so is a total of 28 times in 50 years. However this regulated pattern ceases when one reaches 60 and blood pressure which has been constantly high for 45 years is seen as a threat and has to be got down otherwise are unfit to go to sea or fly to the moon. This can only be achieved by tablets and are therefore sentenced to a lifetime on or are told you are at extreme risk even though you must have been also for the previous 45 years. Doctors now see at least 6 times a year usually to get repeat prescriptions, he rarely takes blood pressure now unless I remind him, I am just a name on his computer and he probably thinks I have had a long life anyway. Was there 3 times last week to get a cancer spot cut off arm, he never did cut off and just burnt off in the finish as he had previously done, a 20 second job. So paid 3 visits to the surgery for a 20 second job. Asked him to take blood pressure which he said was ok. I think he is himself suffering a younger mans loss of memory. It must be when one reaches 60 this is considered the time to get people to take their medicine(tablets). Have only started to feel in ill health since I started taking. That was 18 years ago. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th December 2015 at 12:37 AM.

2. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: GPs Bless them

John, a lot depends on the GP you have. I had one for a while who was in my opinion about as much use as tits on a bull. Changed and now have no problems, takes blood pressure every time I see him which is as least as possible. Am very lucky as I need no medication. Like you never went near one for over 30 years, now about four times a year including my annual full blood examination. Would recommend that to all members as it is a good way of monitoring any problems you may have and also a good indicator of any possible problems.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: GPs Bless them

As an aside but still on the medical theme.I was at the Royal hospital Liverpool yesterday and the clinic was running over an hour late.It is usual when the clinic is running late that one of the staff will come around and offer you a ticket to go and get a free cup of tea/coffee in the café.An old man and woman were sitting by me the man was asked did he want a cup of tea he said no I'l have a pint of bitter,his wife quick as a flash said to him "It's through drinking pints of bitter that your in here" I had to smile.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA