Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time and tide..............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Time and tide..............

No I think Jim has Manchester United Syndrome , Red and Whites no longer on the way up
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was sent for one of these Guiney pig trials by my doctor on climbing four flights of stairs I was taken into a room bp was taken and a blood test ? a few weeks later I went to see the nurse in the practice she said yes john everywhere you go you course trouble?? why said I? your doctor has banned the trials from this company ?what have I done now? they just sent you home on the report back from them your blood pressure was 215/120 they should have sent you right to hospital so always be weary about being sent or asked to go for any trial?jp any the bp was taken by a nurse.
    Last edited by John Pruden; 3rd May 2014 at 09:39 AM.

gray_marian Guest

#1 'What else comes with age' Darling John, To answer your question, this lot

New Alphabet :
    A is for apple, and B is for boat, That used to be right, but now it won't float! Age before beauty is what we once said, But let's be a bit more realistic instead.

Now The Alphabet:

A's for arthritis; B's the bad back, C'sthe chest pains, perhaps car-di-ac?

D is for dental decay and decline, E is for eyesight, can't read that top line! F is for #arting and fluid retention, G is for gut droop, which I'd rather not mention.

H high blood pressure--I'd rather it low; I for incisions with scars you can show. J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend, K is for knees that crack when they bend.L 'S for libido, what happened to sex? M is for memory, I forget what comes next. N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low; O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few, just give me a pill and I'll be good as new! Qis for queasy, is it fatal or flu?R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears, Tis for Tinnitus; bells in my ears! U is for urinary; troubles with flow; V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy,' you know..

>
    W for worry, now what's going 'round? X is for X ray, and what might be found. Yfor another year I'm left here behind, Z is for zest I still have-- in my mind!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy,
    Rob said they were always getting to the bottom of things in U-C

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    its called merchant seaman syndrome ......we never let them get to the bottom of us jim....regards cappy
    ..... unless you were a 1st class winger with ucl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    I was refered to the Hematology Dept.--work that out???
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    next time Jim, try a haematologist who isn't colour blind.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 4th May 2014 at 03:11 AM.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watch that blood pressure John, that figure is extremely high and could be a danger, and do not climb four flights of stairs again, take the elevator and then take your BP.
    And keep away from Guiney Pig experiiments,
    they are used by the big Drug companies so they can make more drugs and make more Profits. If you snuff it they are not interested, only in the Statistics.
    If your Doctor has sent you as a guiney pig , what is he getting from the Drug Company? they can get a lot of back handers from the Drug Cos. Never ever volunteer.
    and keep away from SALT it is a killer.
    Do not have any FAT in your diet, keep off or cut down on fried foods they clog up the arteries and cause clots the same as smoking does.

Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 3rd May 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

never sailed in uc vic...... tell me they were bum jobs .....rob might no he worked down below

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Two years ago I received a letter from Cancer UK i think it was asking if I would take part in research.They wanted 4000 people,2000 to be scanned I forget what they were doing with the other 2000.Anyway after completing a questionnaire I was selected as a likely candidate as there was cancer in my family through my elder brothers.I was scanned through the big polo mint and called back for a second scan as something was not quite right.Left another 12 months scanned again so I have now been refered to Respiratory Medicine next month.I think medical research is good and if they have caught something in time with me I will be quite pleased.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

9. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My brother 69 years old, has had one heart attack a month ago, never smoked, not over weight etc, has now been recalled for a 2nd heart operation on the 19th this month, he is obviously worried, but as i said to him, at least they are keeping an eye on you, and know whats wrong, as opposed to me who knows!!!, lifes like bingo when your number comes out, thats it, so live today, KT

11. Thanks cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    never sailed in uc vic...... tell me they were bum jobs .....rob might no he worked down below
    Cappy I believe they were up-and- down jobs and plenty of blowing tubes going on aboard them.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

13. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast