Thread: you talkin' to me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default you talkin' to me?

I organise all my medical affairs online- booking appointments, repeat prescriptions, requests to speak with my gp and quite a bit more. All it takes is a visit to the practice with id and you're given an access code and log in with a password. Booking appointments is quicker too as all the current and future availability is all displayed on screen and just a click away. However, while on the site today i noticed a drop-down box marked 'language', clicked on it and scrolled down....... and scrolled down....... Eventually reached Z ( Zulu). There were 82 different language options and at least a third of them were unknown to me. So, i ask the question, when a request is made from one of the more obscure of the '82' who is able to translate into English that request, or maybe some more technically inclined member can offer a solution, or maybe there is software on the website to reverse translation. Whatever happened to The English Speaking Peoples.
    gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: you talkin' to me?

The English speaking people, a nation last heard of in about 1960, since then they have been overtaken aby a group of minorities amny of whom hide in strange garb not allowing the face to be see. It is rumoured that there is still a small group of the English speaking hiding in a wood north of Wtaford Gap.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was at Watford Gap services yesterday and the Lithuanian serving at Costa Coffee reckoned that the bloke at West Cornwall pasties was Romanian
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Lithuanian's serve at Costa Coffee in Lithuania and Romanian's do much in Romania, tried for a few jobs, but not speaking the language did not help, or would have had a pub in Spain years ago. Not much benefit abroad if you do not speak the lingo. Fancy Canada, NZ or Oz. Gonna have to learn French, Maori or Abo PDQ ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you finally get to see the doctor you find that he is also one of the 82.

Come out more confused than when you went in.