Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Then/Now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Medical Then/Now

Hi shipmates, Hi Gray Marian, Have been in a few of the care homes in Wales on business over the years some are very good, but some are not, but if you are in that unlucky place due to illness and have to be spoon fed you have no choice but to grin and bear it. dont hit him on the head with a hammer, you will end up in the big house .Hi John pruden I think all pool doctors were the same ?do they work for A.T.O.S today? telling a blind man with a very bad medical history, that he was fit for work he killed himself... sound like a proper pool doctor...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I take 2 pills a day but they never seem to make me feel any better ,the only thing that makes me feel better is a few beers a day I look forward to 4/30 that's happy hour or 3 or 4 in my house .glug glug aaar that's better .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Be very careful with statins, they nearly crippled me until I found out about their side affects and threw them over the side . They also effect your kidneys and other organs . Many doctors now believe they cause more damage than they cure . Do you know that GPs are actually paid extra if they prescribe them so they dish them out like smarties

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, Statins are the new wonder-drug? but the side effects on some people are very bad, I try them all but cant take any of them ...I agree with Eifiton throw them over the side, All G.P,s want you to go on statins big bucks for them...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I take seven pills in the morning and five at night for diabetes.
    I'm not well boo hoo
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the Amigo View Post
    Hi shipmates, Statins are the new wonder-drug? but the side effects on some people are very bad, I try them all but cant take any of them ...I agree with Eifiton throw them over the side, All G.P,s want you to go on statins big bucks for them...
    Hi Louis,
    What exactly are statins. I have never heard of them and am just curious.
    Regards
    John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Callon View Post
    Hi Louis,
    What exactly are statins. I have never heard of them and am just curious.
    Regards
    John
    I have discussed this beat up around the traps and the message I get is that SIMVASTATIN is being attacked unfairly. Before throwing any you have over the side heed the advice of your GP if you trust him/her and if still not satisfied get a second or more opinion. Eight years ago I had a CABG {quintuple) Coronary Artery By-pass Graft after a (thankfully) light heart attack. I also saw the anti-statin programme on TV and high tailed it down to my long time GP in whom I have the highest respect. He related the hipe to the current climate change debacle.

For something like 20 years I have been on statins - first 20 mg and for the last 10 years , 40mg. I have none of the adverse symptoms and at 83 next month I am sporting a general blood pressure rate of 130 over 73. Before I had my open heart surgery it was more like 190 over 100.

I was also told that anyone who has had a heart attack would be playing Russian roulette if he stopped that medication.

I hope that this has been helpful.

Take care,
    Richard
    Last edited by Richard Quartermaine; 3rd January 2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Statins are a class of drugs used to lower cholesterol levels by inhibiting the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which plays a central role in the production of cholesterol in the liver, which produce about 70 percent of total cholesterol in the body.

They can have side affects affecting joint pain , but I like the reduced cholesterol , so I swallow two different ones every day ,, two blood pressure tablets , five diabetes tablets , 3 painkillers , something to stop the painkiller making me ill and two tablets on a whole of life drug trial so fifteen a day , oh and a medicinal tot a day
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I need two operations but due to the complexities I would have to come of all medication for a month before and if I do the chance of another stroke and heart attack is high so what do you do its a no winner so its a day to day thing I take it easy and no stress that is the biggest killer so over time to balance of medication as long as done correct keeps me on the site? that's why life is to short to snipe at anyone be nice to each other disagree yes nothing personal though lads lets have a good year one of our members has passed already and more will follow over this coming year think about it?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been taking these pills for a few years now they are Terazosin,Bezalip&Doxapin and they seem to be keeping pretty well

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast