Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Third time lucky ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Third time lucky ?

It has been said third time lucky, or unlucky if you have myluck. Three times this year in hospital. March 4th for a RadicalProstatectomy, September 8th for a Ruptured Divatica and November 21stfor a Hernia Repair, a result of the Prostatectomy.

But maybe third time lucky, this I hope will be my last timethere for many a year!!!!!

But it was not all bad, the hospital staff are fantasticconsidering the pressure they experience day to day. Working away withoutcomplaining whilst some patients never stop complaining.

Be here by 1130 hours was the command, so being a punctualsort of person I arrive 30 minutes early. 20 minutes later called in to beginthe paper chase, 20 pages of various forms have to be completed and on most thesame question is asked, name, date of birth, address etc.

Then on the wall I see a notice,
    ‘We will ask you your name, date of birth and addressOFTEN’. Underneath that, ‘please let us know if any details change’. So you goin as John Smith than later in the day decide to change your name to FredBrown, that should keep them happy.

But the questions, how is anyone expected to remember allthe right answers, are you allergic to anything they ask, apparently the MotherIn Law is not the correct reply.
    Having done all that they then give you clothing to wear,made from what may at some time have been very good paper, but now a gown. Tieup at the back they say. Have you ever tried tying one of those with your handsbehind your back? Paper underpants and a paper hat, would you believe a pinkhat?

So far so good, off to the pre theatre room. The time 1300hours, not bad at that rate I should be done by 1500 hours. Not so fast myfriend, as Murphy tells it if it can go wrong it will. The surgeon has beendelayed, completing an emergency at another hospital, so much for third timelucky. Nurse after nurse comes in to talk whilst I wait, all very hospitableand some very good lookers, my mind wanders to times past, then brought back toearth with a bang when I remember where I am.

The finally at 1540 hours they are ready for me, off tosleep in a second. I awoke in the recovery room at about 1745 hours feelingvery odd. My top teeth were not in place, put in a jar like some form of trophyno doubt. But they were returned to me; obviously no one else wanted them. Backto the ward and told to rest, but during that rest which will take all night Iam required to drink 4.5 litres of fat free water. The bottles were flyingthick and fast; I was filling them almost as fast as the nurse could bringthem. At one stage I considered putting the water straight into the bottle andcutting out the middleman.

At 0600 hours the nurse, who by this time had worn her legsto stumps changing the bottles, told me that I could go home at 0900 hours assoon as the surgeon had seen me. Bit like a hotel, booking out by early morningor get charged for a second day. Last time I had this op, way back in 1965 Iwas in Lewisham Hospital for two weeks, now all over in a day.

The surgeon arrived, told me he had done a good job andcould go home. Home with the usual complimentary bag of medication. But I havelived to tell the tale, I am alive and well despite all my adventures thisyear.

Now I have to sit and do nothing for almost six weekswhile I make a full recovery, what does one do for nothing in this time? Ohwell summer is coming, the beach…………..
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Third time lucky ?

Well lets hope that it is 3 strikes and you are out (of all futher Hospital admittances) Take Care now John Cheers imagesCAD739MN.jpg
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Get well soon John and save a seat on the beach for me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chin up John, its going to be a race to the finishing post, been in 3 times myself this year with small irritating problems. The big problem is age I reckon. Where would we be without all these modern aids, glasses, hearing aids, Teeth, machines to keep us breathing when sleeping (Apbnia) next will be the zimmer and crutches , and motorized buggy. Oh and don't forget the assortment of pills. Used to be glasses were for drinking out of, hearing aids were a hand megaphone turned the other way round, crutches were pogo sticks, motorized buggy was a motorbike, pills were something to keep you awake so you could carry on partying. Oh and teeth to bite the girls ears with if that's all they offered. Anyhow keep well still a long way to go. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

morning john have sent you an private email .......have you received regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the best John have a quick recovery.
    2013 has been a bad year, or to look positive, a good year as we are still here. But will be happy when it is 2014.
    Just get well soon
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not yet Cappy. Did Pat find that nice house in Harrogate that she knows you want to buy her. Rita may be censoring the email en route. Cheers John sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

aye john shes got an idea where she wants to be .......I smile and just say yes dearest in time in time in time...etc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just think John, 6 whole weeks of having your booze brought to you
    Best wishes mate.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

all the best JOhn I know how it feels , I had that operation 17 years ago ,and am still kicking . not much fun but better than the alternative .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast