Thread: Cancer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Hi John
    In 2001 I was sailing back from Cape Town on the Caronia.
    A fellow passenger was a Tobacco Farmer from Rhodesia , now Zimbabwe.
    He told me that all cigarettes are full of chemicals, including cyanide. all very addictive.
    You dont get addicted to the tobacco , you get addicted to the poisons they put in to get you to buy and buy again and again.
    He smoked very expensive cigars of pure tobacco leaf, no addatives, and none addictive.
    He gave me one after dinner one night, I dont smoke but I enjoyed that cigar. They cost then £20 each 12 years ago. I could never afford that.
    So the big Killer is the addictive Poisons they add to them.
    Cheers
    Brian
    ing with my sister in Uk last night she told me her husband asked his GP for a PSA test, he was told that at 65 he was too old for it. Sad thing is the local papers have been running ads telling men the importance of this test. However after he had paid the GP 15 pounds he got the test, some service there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I asked for a PSA test two years ago when I went for my annual Service, A phone call and an eastern voice telling me I did not need one. I saw the nurse who took my blood to add it to the list, No probs , I got one.
    There are many life saving tests but they say you are too old, what a load of bull, they are just thinking of their budgets cos the Surgery has to pay.
    Bowel Cancer tests end when you are 74 I always demand one and get it when I am 78. I ask the Doctor to put it in writing that I will not develop that Cancer, he will not, so I get the test.
    Do Not take any crap off any Doctor, demand, do not ask. It is your life not his.
    So John,
    THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY £15. he is being conned and ripped of, he should report that to the BMA. get him struck off., change his Doctor,
    Tell him to demand it, if he still refuses to get it in writing from his Doctor guaranteeing him he will not develop Prostate Cancer or he will be sued. He will let him have one. Or see the Nurse who takes the blood to put it on the list,
    I am going tomorrow Tuesday for my blood tests and I guarantee a PSA Test will be included.
    Including , ... Liver and Kydney functon tests , Diabetes test sugar, Bilirubin testS, Cholesterol, Good and Bad Cholesterol, and many many other tests , I have a very long list off my son who tells me, get these tests done , and then demand a full print out of them all.
    They used to say to me , `Everythings OK` That is not enough, see it in writing from the Pathology Lab.

Cheers

Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 4th November 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with that Kong- make a nuisance of your self, and, like me, remind them of 50 years of NI contributions paid with barely a ha'penny of it spent during a working life- and also point out those nomarks who haven't and won't pay a dime for the same treatments as we receive as a right.
    Gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, like you I have a regular grease and oil change every year, got my results last week from my GP who gives me, without asking as he does with all hispatients, a print out of the results. He then highlights both good and bad results expalining what you can do to improve on bad and explaining how to keep the good just as good. This year all A OK.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3