Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How was your sunday?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How was your sunday?

Hi John. S.,

After reading the 'thread starter' about your terrifying ordeal, I could not help but notice that several of your/our shipmates chose to hit the the 'thanks' button. ....What's that all about ?......the sick ba----ds ....... they must think you went through all that pain and anguish (not to mention indignity) just to entertain them !!!

Having said that, I must confess that I can think of better ways to keep off the 'booze' for a few days. To each his own, I suppose. Some of us need greater incentive than others, but your method does seem rather radical, mate,.......and bean soup to wean you back onto solids ?...for heavens sake! that's a bit like throwing petrol on a fire. You poor bu--er

Humor aside, it must have been a bit scary for you, John, (not to mention, Terri). At our age we're half inclined to expect unwelcome occurrences I suppose, but that doesn't make it any less frightening when it happens. (I was going to say..... 'it still frightens the crap out of you', but then thought better of it ). Anyway, mate, let's hope you are back to normal soon.

.................Roger

p.s Have you considered the recuperative power of G & T ?.... Lou' swears by it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony, methinks you're being a tad 'precious' today, mate. My comments were not meant to denigrate those of you who saw the merit in John's account (as did I), but merely to introduce some humour to what must have been a very unpleasant experience for him. Obviously, humour is not my forte. Perhaps you should have scolded me for my bad taste instead, but I'm surprised you would think I was being serious...still never mind, eh! I stand corrected, sir, and now all is good in the world. Who was it that suggested laughter was the best medicine, I wonder ?

In case you are still not convinced, please understand that I, too, recognise the benefit to be gained by members sharing their health concerns.

.............Roger
    Last edited by Roger Dyer; 12th September 2013 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony, just an observation which you can delete if you wish, why is that because you misread it, you think others may, surely all our members are old and wise enough to utter their own Ha! Ha! or tut! tut! as they see fit. It' s the first step to minority rule to think that 'others' may be offended. We see this in our daily lives where-in the minorities are pandered to on every occasion. No offence intended merely an observation and I know you have a job to do, but don't let it obliterate your humorous tendencies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

to be fair ivan he did aplogise no hard feelings

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck John, hope you are back to normal soon - I dont think everyone would get up in the morning if they knew what was coming during the day - still, it keeps the medical profession on their toes.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now, Now, Tony, don't be a little silly Billy, as I have told you before on many occasions I admire the sterling work you do on this site and wouldn't want your job, now that doesn't mean to say that you are above comment, whether the poster be right or wrong on his comments on your posts. We are all entitled to an opinion and presumably a right to express it, or is that to become taboo.

My little pictures are not working so I cannot roll my eyes, nor is my boo hoo working xx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To all you wonderful guys on site, my deepest thanks for your concerns, yes as we mature we will go through some horriic experiences. Roger is close to my heart with his comments, I find laughing at adversity the best way in which to deal with it. I did inject some humour into my comments as I find this is the only way I can deal with such events, call it Gallows humour if you will, but laughter is far better than crying. So once again thank you, and laugh loud and often, continue with the Dr. Gordon's elixer, with a modicum of tonic water, and nothing bad will come your way.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My posting of this threadand an earlier one on my Cancer scare have been put for two reasons.

Firstly to show that even the worst first thoughts may not be so bad.
    Secondly to show that no matter howo bad we may think it is there is most likely the chance you will get over it.
    If my postings in any way assist any other member in dealing with similar problems then Ii consider the postings worth while.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good one John,
    If you have a new illness it is good to pass it on, with the details of treatment etc. then when someone gets the same diagnosis there is less to worry about, knowing that someone else has been through it and come out OK
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you go for the colonoscopy don't let them mess you about tell them where to stick their camera
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2