Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cramp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cramp

Anyone out there suffer from Cramp (with a capital "C"), also known as muscle spasm (no not that kind!!!). Often got cramp in my toes as a young boy, but that was normally due to cold/damp feet, especially when sledging in the winter (happy days?). Now, when I get cramp it is in the middle of the night, and boy do I mean cramp, the pain is incredible. Been to the docs, prescribed a course of quininne, seemed to help. but back with a vengeance!! I drink lots of tonic (without the gin) as suggested by my Doc. Any one any ideas for relief/prevention? Grateful for anything. Cheers Russ Kennedy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I also suffer the same problem Russ, the pain in my ankles, and sometimes progress up into my upper part of my leg, it makes me break out in a sweat, it is so painful. Also been to the Dr, not been very helpful with tablets etc. What i have found aggravates it very quickly at times is red wine, so a spell off of said wine at the moment. KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cramp.

Russ do you drink bitter beer? I know myself (also others) when I have a session on the bitter I suffer real bad cramp during the night not only in my toes but also in my leg.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

could possibly be related to gout,, especially if you drink strong red wine or port.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes about 12 pints of bitter will do it every time Jim , but it helps to forget your troubles. and Russ try adding a double gin .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cramp

Hi shipmates, cramp is very painful, my shipmate Laurie 88yrs suffers from it, he has seen many doctors all types, and the advise they gave is cut out salt in your diet, and only drink a few? He has been known to take off his socks and shoes, and walk around a car-park in the middle of winter, the cold helps with the pain in his feet and legs, strong pain killers dont work on him?

gray_marian Guest

Default Cramp

Russ,
    I had this several years ago, the following worked for me. No salt, drank pints of quininne daily [disgusting] mixed it with squash. Took Volteral, tablet form, prescription only , although you can buy gel over the counter. Also wore elasticated tube grips, cut to size not pretty but hayho. Last but not least get a family member to massage where it hurts most, strong hands needed. It lasted around five months, nothing since. Heat helps and try a pillow under your legs at bedtime. Good luck, Marian

PS Stopped red wine and had white instead I large glass!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Oldie, But you will be amazed.

I suffer from Chronic Osteomyelitis. A rare bone infection. I get terrible cramps in my lower limbs through the night and can be that bad I get awoken by them jumping out of the bed. This is no old wives tale a district nurse told me when this happens to have a piece of cold slate under the bed and rather than trying to warm up the cramp stand on the cold slate you will be amazed how quickly it eases the cramp Regards Lads Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

a hot soak before bed or some other dedroom activities works gets the blood upjp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suffered from cramps during the night for a long time then an old pal of mine told me this one i thought when he told me it was just another old Grannies cure but believe me it works for me. Try it out for your self! All you need is to put a bar of soap in you bed on the sheet you lay on.Give it a try!it worked for me havn't had a cramp since.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast