Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Prostate Cancer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by red lead ted View Post
    The long haired one was ironing her bra,s the other morning,,,,,,,,,, I don't no why you bother ironing them i said you got nothing to put in them Her reply i iron your underpants don't i.....................
    Funnily enough, mine is the exact opposite. I told her the other day it was obviously why she put her bra on before her knickers. So as her tits didn't get caught in the elastic. Did not go down to well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Even bought myself my retirement present on the way to get zapped, a nice new Jaguar XF. To hell with it, no point keeping the money.
    Well you could have bought all them lads here some beers with the cash. Enbjoy mate I am sure you have earned it.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely delighted to do so. Next time you are in Denny drop into the Masonic Lodge. I will be pulling pints there three nights a week. :-)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Turnbull View Post
    Funnily enough, mine is the exact opposite. I told her the other day it was obviously why she put her bra on before her knickers. So as her tits didn't get caught in the elastic. Did not go down to well.
    Did not go down too well, by the sounds of it mate they went down very well.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Prostate Cancer.

They are running an awareness to prostate cancer on the TV at the moment and giving advice on what to watch for.One of the things they say tobe aware of is getting up out of bed quite a lot during the night to go for a p.At present I must go to the bathroom about 8 times during the night,sometimes after having been to the bathroom I am up again about 10 minutes later to go again,should a pay a visit to my doctor,your advice would be much appreciated.During the day I can sit in the pub and have 3 or 4 pints without a visit to the loo,night time every half hour without beer.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I too go around three times during the night, with nothing to drink at all.
    When I was young I could sup gallons and no need to get up at all.
    I find it difficult to persuade the Doctor to give me a PSA test every year when I have my MOT.
    What other way can we go to ensure we are clear or not??/
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, if you are getting up that number of times then I would suspect you may have an enlarged prostate. That does not mean you have cancer, but the prostate can become enlarged for a number of reasons, one being infection.
    I would encourage you to go and see your GP and tell him of the symtoms. There is treatment available for such problems and from what you say some of the TV advertising may be a bit misleading.
    Depending on your age will depend the treatment you recieve, many men die with it, not from it.
    Though prostate cancer is common so is enlarged prostate, it can be about 50/50 in many cases.
    There are two ways your GP can decide which you have, firstly the digitalis rectum method and if there is no enlargement then he may wish to do a PSA test. But remember the test on it's own tells nothing, it must be monitored for at least one year to see if there is any change. As I stated earlier very often there are no symtoms of prostate cancer, in my case I was not getting up at night so no symtoms there. It was only the continuous monitoring of my PSA levels that showed any sign of a possible problem.
    Alkcohol can act as a diuretic, but it can also deaden nerves hence the lack of going in the pub.My advice JIm, get a test done as soon as you can.

One other point on this, do you get to have regular tests for Bowel Cancer in UK? Here in Oz all over 55 are encouraged to have a simple test for it. There have been a number of cases where symptoms similar to prsotate problems, getting up at night, have been found to be bowel problems not prostate.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 12th June 2013 at 07:12 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if jim takes diuretics for blood pressure it could be part of the prob ....when I first took them iwas going a lot but after use settled down and now sometimes once a night ...but a visit to the doctor is the thing to do ragards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We do have Bowel Cancer screening here in UK, and they send you the kit through the [post, but the usual annual screening ends at the age of 70. after that you have to apply for it. There is a phone number and they will send you a kit where you scrape a little crap onto three cardboard dots and then you post it. The results come back in a week. I always do it every year.
    My mate died of Bowell Cancer on Christas Day morning.He had never done the check ups.
    Bowell Cancer normally take a few years to develop and can be easy to treat, BUT there is a virulant form that can see you off in a matter of weeks.
    So always include it in your annual MOT.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In this area it is 75 ,

Quote from the NHS website

In some areas in England screening includes people up to 75 years old. People over the age of 70, regardless of where they live, can request a kit by calling 0800 707 6060
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    We do have Bowel Cancer screening here in UK, and they send you the kit through the [post, but the usual annual screening ends at the age of 70. after that you have to apply for it. There is a phone number and they will send you a kit where you scrape a little crap onto three cardboard dots and then you post it. The results come back in a week. I always do it every year.
    My mate died of Bowell Cancer on Christas Day morning.He had never done the check ups.
    Bowell Cancer normally take a few years to develop and can be easy to treat, BUT there is a virulant form that can see you off in a matter of weeks.
    So always include it in your annual MOT.
    Brian.
    Agree Kong- just completed my annual Testing. Quite a challenging procedure as you will agree. I have just celebrated my 74th birthday and have never had to apply for this test-they contact me each May or June. I was once asked by a friend how the procedure was conducted and replied ' a bit like the dung beetle- just going through the motions'.
    gilly
    R635733

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast