Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: trecarne

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default alec crichton

HI every body i sailed on the trewidden 68 to 69 we spent xmas at port sudan .had agreat time there but alas we spent new year at yenbo in saudi.no drink allowed.it was a good ship ive recently been in contact with an old shipmate who was a first trip deck boy .i was a j o s at the time.if anyone out there can remember me get in touch

2. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hain shipping

I did one trip on the Trevider out of Avonmouth 1950 to Aust. paid off in Swansea. After all these years its difficult to remember names of shipmates, but one lad I seem to remembe Jeff cant remember last name we were both SOS at the time. I must admit I did not realise that it was Hain Norse, it must have been after my time the name change.

4. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi Wilfo 098.
    Hains boat Trelawney 4,689 ton sunk on the 22nd of Feb 1941 by raider, either the "Sharnhorst" or the "Gneisnau" both out at the time. From official stats " British ships lost at sea1939/45.
    Cheers Des
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trewidden

Hi Alec/

Was the R/O on that trip ( my last at sea ) and well remember the weeks stopping at every small port in the Red Sea !. Seems a long time agod.. but lots of memories.
    Recently met up with Barry Truter who was a navigating apprentice on that Voyage.. .

Best Regards - Peter

8. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My father was a Hain Apprentice. He went to sea in 1924 at age 14, his first ship in his Discharge book is the Trelissick, then the Trevarrack and the Tregarthen. He was also on the Treworlas in 1948.

10. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can't say anything about Trelawney sorry.

I joined, "Trelissick", at Barry in September 1962, as first trip fiver, what a trip! all we didn't do was sink, abandon ship or run into pirates! went up the Seaway then to Texas then through the Panama canal for Nicaragua, then Japan and Korea. Eventually we loaded timber in Canada for L'pool. 8 months twelve days and 17 hours of total purgatory! I never ever signed on another H boat or a diesel engined ship.

12. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

joined june 64 avonmouth alwayshungry casablanca china japan same as you south pacific phosphates japan most of the crew came from cumberland in thoughs days lots of fights one crewman was payed of in japan and flown home unheard of at that time.Skipper drunk most of the time . Still managed to DR and good most of the crew.With out whale meat we would have starved.

14. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile trevince

was on Trevince AB oct 1957 to 19 ap 1958 great trip usa japan
    .Mike Bishop

16. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Treneglos

I did a trip on the Treneglos from DEC 68 to JUNE 69 out of liverpool bound for OZ it was the best trip i ever did.it had a great crew, on a great ship and i was never hungry.The only name i can recall is Sandy McCloud from stornaway an AB who stood in for the bosun when he was taken ill in OZ.

18. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default treneglos trip

hi have you got the dates right from your trip,i joined the treneglos in hamberge around oct 67,we brokedown at sea a few hundred miles off southafrica,sailed into durban christmas eve after 10 days singapore,to shanghi,then to tsingtow ,yokahama,adalaide,port pire,albany for bunkers then daka for more bunkers payoff in uk,not a bad first trip for a deckboy pay was crap,crews names,big paddy,his freind charli,paddy keiley,noddy the old scott,brian dunlope,berty mullis the boson,rip the sos,philip harvy,a zulu named caty peters,nick name dactary,john leaver,and my self bob hakinson,indian mesmans name was jimmy page,captains name was drunkun dardy,thats all i remember,hope to get a reply,hank

20. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast