Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elections in the UK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Elections in the UK

It's going to be interesting over the next few months, especially after the two Labour gains, which were of course expected.
    I'm not sure how long the longest reign was by a party, but I think the Tory time is up anyway. When we look at the massive profits some of these fatcat companies have made out of screwing us during one crisis after another, is it any wonder that people are cheesed off?
    I suspect much of the Labour vote was boosted by the lack of people voting altogether, particularly unhappy Tory voters and fence sitters.
    I feel like I'm sitting on the fence, with no preference due to all options unattractive.
    Waddaya fink people?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Elections in the UK

Yeah, think that about sums it up JK, people deserve better, and they know it, as a floating voter would rather vote for screaming Lord Such if he was still around, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    It's going to be interesting over the next few months, especially after the two Labour gains, which were of course expected.
    I'm not sure how long the longest reign was by a party, but I think the Tory time is up anyway. When we look at the massive profits some of these fatcat companies have made out of screwing us during one crisis after another, is it any wonder that people are cheesed off?
    I suspect much of the Labour vote was boosted by the lack of people voting altogether, particularly unhappy Tory voters and fence sitters.
    I feel like I'm sitting on the fence, with no preference due to all options unattractive.
    Waddaya fink people?
    Have you ever watched the TV programme Trigger Point?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Have you ever watched the TV programme Trigger Point?
    Er! no actually, what was it, a western?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WE get regular info here in Oz as to the political state of UK.
    One report says both UK and Germany are in a technical recession.??

But also the Labor leader is doing a number of back flips on some policy.
    Not sure how true all of this is but no doubt after a number of years with the one party people need a change, benefit of democracy.

AS to companies making excess profits, same claim here in Oz, but a simple equation, no profit equals no company equals no jobs.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trigger point is a drama series, the plot is a load of very clever people are tired of the fat cats robbing people blind. They build a lot of clever bombs and blow up corrupt politicians and business moguls.
    Vicky McClure plays the lead roll as XPO. She did her time in Afganistan in the Army deactivating bombs & booby traps. She now works for the security service in the UK.
    Her direct boss is a Brown nosing twat(her words ) and is after a leg up the career ladder.
    He does not come good until the last episode.
    Vicky McClure seems to lose more bomb victims than she saves .
    Anyway the programme is enteraining enough but the actioons seems to be more based on saving the economy rather than people so the Fat Cats win again, well there was one who was not so luck.
    So not really a western ? or maybe it was as it is based in the west

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have enough "real life TV" with East Enders.

The banks are making massive profits, and at the same time sacking employees due to closing branches.
    This AI thing is going too far. I complained to my bank about closures, and they said "use our on line banking system". I asked if they would be liable for any scamming or fraud? but they said that it was my responsibility. So security is also ditched with the branches.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having been at sea and out of the country for most of the general elections, the first time I ever got the chance to vote in an election I voted for Blair, big miss as his and his so called canny chancellor brown, took all the regulations off the banking industry resulting in the financial crash, meant my pension pot lost a load of money.
    I don't trust any politicians of any party regardless of their views. or statements on their policies. The last politician that I had any regard or respect for was Enoch Powell. My country is rapidly turning into being running by people who have no sense for our history and traditions and who's views and beliefs are founded in countries and their religion of the middle east.
    Rgds
    J.A

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    I have enough "real life TV" with East Enders.

The banks are making massive profits, and at the same time sacking employees due to closing branches.
    This AI thing is going too far. I complained to my bank about closures, and they said "use our on line banking system". I asked if they would be liable for any scamming or fraud? but they said that it was my responsibility. So security is also ditched with the branches.
    I went to the bank last week (nearest is a 14 mile round trip with no bus access for me), I approached a cashier (three on duty) to pay in a cheque; she said why dont you use the pay in machine, so I told her that if all the customersused the machines then they would be out of a job; took her a few moments to take in what I said.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing with politicians, is that they usually start out with good intentions for those that vote them in, then the party deciders get into them. Most PMs and presidents are just puppets, (or in some cases, muppets) and are controlled by the party gang. A fine example is during the pandemic, when Boris was PM, and the likes of Cummings and co reared their ugly heads, proving that it's them that run the country, not the politicians. I don't believe things will change, no matter who get's to be leader.
    It all reminds me of meeting up with Russian crews ashore, there was always a party man with them, watching what they get up to, and getting involved if something was not to their liking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast