Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elections in the UK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Elections in the UK

That was the old commissar Johnny. I had to go master on a Russian survey ship here in Australia that was the law in the 1990s .picked the ship up in Singapore and the Russian crew were allowed to stay , some fast talking to circumvent the regulations at the time. The Russian crew consisted apart from the surveyors , of about 35 seamen including the old master and all were easy to get on with. However as have said before they must have been the poorest paid seamen I have ever seen. The Australian crew consisted of 4 ABs , myself and a mate, and two engineers. We had communal feeding as they had a full catering staff including 2 stewardesses and a proper wireless operator. The 6 weeks I was there I never spotted the Commisar , so if they still carry one he must have been keeping a low profile. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    Having been at sea and out of the country for most of the general elections, the first time I ever got the chance to vote in an election I voted for Blair, big miss as his and his so called canny chancellor brown, took all the regulations off the banking industry resulting in the financial crash, meant my pension pot lost a load of money.
    I don't trust any politicians of any party regardless of their views. or statements on their policies. The last politician that I had any regard or respect for was Enoch Powell. My country is rapidly turning into being running by people who have no sense for our history and traditions and who's views and beliefs are founded in countries and their religion of the middle east.
    Rgds
    J.A
    Well said John.
    I totally agree with you.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Johnny you should be OK now I see that David Cameron is back. I no longer know anything about UK politics but if they are anything like ours ?? According to my cousin Britain is now in rescission, whatever that means these days, although highly qualified she can't a job.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another Eton boy you might say of the old school . Don’t suppose that school needed a job adviser before leaving , most had Parliament House on their agenda , didn’t matter what party either. JS .
    When I left school in 1952 the government advisor on jobs , was in the mines, in the shipbuilding, in the fishing fleets , and in the Merchant navy. None of which have been in existence for a number of years now. Good Advisors ? Leaves a bit of room for speculation as to their intelligence. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 19th February 2024 at 03:06 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a bit on the net the other day about a UK business man who has given some 5mil GBP to labor for the upcoming erection.
    I use the term erection as we all are guilty we vote for a bunch of standing pricks.

But back to the business man, he said he wants the greenest gov he can get.
    Why not indeed, he is the owner of one of the largest private green energy companies in the country.

At times we all complain about profits made by companies, but without them what have we got, no businesses!!

AS to bank profits, with the world the way it is now we may well need them in the not too distant future.

But like it or not we are all controlled by others, such as UN, NATO, WHO and others.
    Russia and Israel could easily be brought into line but it suits some for the wars to continue.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a question asked the other day on some programme or other. Is the UK becoming an angrier country? It was not about politics or what is going on abroad. It was about the lack of respect people seem to have with others in the street or on the roads.

My theory is, anyone who watches TV soap programmes like Eastenders , Coronation St and other such like so called enterainment shows they are getting brain washed. They convince themselves that is the attitude they should be adapting so one reason there are a lot of aholes in society.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15 John there is one difference between a Democratic government and a non Democratic government, a National Strike will bring a Democratic government out, a non Democratic government will bring the army out with life ammunition. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure how to vote, I get my inspiration from East Enders, so I'll see how they go. It's a bit like reading the red bus, I'd never have voted for Brexit without seeing it and being advised by the people on the telly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    Churchill did that in Wales.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He did that so Des , fortuanetley he wasn’t prime minister then though. After the war many still saw him in that light therefore his primiership was not a long love affair. He was a man for his times and the times were bad and he was a patriot , a ruthless one maybe, but needed. Cheers JS
    R575129

12. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast