Thread: Benifits for all

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Benifits for all

Not sure what benefits you may get in UK now, but those we get here in Oz are quite substantial at times.

Our MEDICARE system provides good medical services though many use private as well.
    If you are working the gov encourages you to take out private cover, if not you pay an additional $3 Medicare Levey, such is the wisdom of the gov.

If you are a senior and on a state pension or health card then there are many benefits to be had.
    Concession on power bills ,gas account, council rates, water rates, and in Victoria only half price motor registration,
    There are state variations on these.

But if you suffer from a work allergy as some do then you will be paid not to go to work and will gat very similar benefits as those on the pension.
    Shows you how good our gov is looking after the dole, bludgers.
    Drug addicts can get the same treatment if the apply.

But then we have our first nation, or the Bl**k fellas as we call them, Aborigines and those from the Torres straights islands. You can find them on an atlas.

WE love them so much we give them special treatment.
    AAs long as you have 1% Abbo blood you can be considered to be of the first nation./
    So how do you become one.
    Two ways, one if the local elder likes you then you can become a companion Abbo.

But there is another way, all gov forms have a little box which asks if you are an Aboriginal or Torres Straights islander.
    Tick the box and you are in, no one will question you, all the benefits will be there for you.

So now I am about to get the burnt cork out, adds a bit of color to the skin, get someone to give me a smack in the mouth so I have thicker lips then off to the MISSING Link to see what I can get.

The missing link, actually Center Link, is the social security system.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Benifits for all

John , your comments about Aborigines try saying that in a public place , you would be arrested for racial abuse or maybe a hate crime.
    Remember you are the one that is not Australian not the Abborigine.

Australians are doing exactly the same as the US & Canada do, keep them pissed and insure they do not climb the social ladder.

Now I wonder which country taught them those tricks!!! no blacks, no Irish, no dogs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James according to the law all born or citizens are considered to be Australian.
    But there are some such as our black fella mates who think different.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, I have a lasting memory of seeing Aborigines in Karratha & Dampier hanging around the shopping mall some drunk or maybe of drugs but they nearly all had a dead look in their eyes. No life , no ambition and no hope sad really to see that.
    I had the misfortune of staying 3 nights in the Comfort Inn or Best Western waiting on a flight out to Perth. The flight was bumped twice as it is those who work for Woodside LNG get first shout.
    Even the agent took pity on the three of us and organised a fishing trip. Great fishing and enjoyed the day. A month after we got home I get a phone call from BP , who authorised you to book a fishing trip and charge it to us!!!eh!!!the agent said as the flights had been bumped yet again he would take us fishing. Well he has billed us and it will be taken from your salary at the end of the month. What was the bill $400 well take it then , who do I address my resignation letter to? The money was never taken.
    I liked Brisbane and Perth but Karratha what a shithole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, there are places here no one with even half a brain would go.
    Then places such as Coober Pedy where Opal is mined and they all live underground.
    Gets a bit hot in January, 50 degrees is not uncommon, reason they live underground.

But in general a fantastic country where you can be who you want to and no one will tell you otherwise.
    For me the dusty outback is heaven on earth but others it must be the city.

Now James, a kind word, I know you are not in the best of health just now and that can make a person a bit grumpy.
    So mate, do not take life so seriously, lighten up a bit, none of us are going to get out of it alive I am told.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John. I suspect that the Aborigines etc are getting some coaching from our so called indigenous people. The Treaty of Waitangi was signed in 1840 between the NZ Maori (then referred to as natives) and Queen Victoria. There were two language versions, one English, one Maori. At the time Maori had no written language only oral. 180 years down the track the agitators have decreed that the only treaty document to count is, surprise, the Maori version. We now have a legal industry built up around actual and perceived wrongs heard in a Maori Court. Most if not all claims are proven with the end result awarding millions of dollars to the various tribes. We have one huge claim yet to be heard concerning the largest Maori tribe in the country. Watch this space. I see similarities emerging from your one voice proposals similar to our lot. AJ.

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aboriginals, Māori obviously reading from the same hymn sheet, only problem neither has a written history or a common language.
    It is estimated there are as many Aboriginal dialects as there were tribe.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes j.sabourn liked this post