Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oops

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oops

We did get a young lady off a yacht one time who wanted safe passage to Sydney . The yacht was coming from Kiwi and seeking shelter the same as us. Asked if he could tie up alongside us which I said ok. The girl was independent of the two blokes . She asked if she could stay the night on board so yes again.Our cook was a young fellow who arranged her sleeping . The next day he came to me and asked if she could stay on board . I considered it but knocked it back and said the immigration would kick up. But really it was for his own benefit, his father who I knew from the Bisco days in the uk as had been cook with me, had been in touch with me asking if I could write a letter to the magistrate in Fremantle explaining why his son could not appear at his divorce hearing from his Russian wife which had been a marriage of convenience and she was trying to clean him out. Would not have looked good for him to roll up with a girlfriend in tow. The things we have to do ?!!! Anyhow the magistrate accepted my letter of why the cook did not appear at his court at the requested date and time . The young cook got away lightly on my giving a good reference to his behaviour on board the vessel . His father and Mother thanked me profusely and hope they are all happy and have many grandchildren , who should be all grown up by now.
    Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Typical clock rules brain by the sounds of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would put it a different way. Young seaman enjoying himself after a long voyage of discovery.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2