Thread: The Voice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Voice

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #28 To Be or Not to Be …A Republic I suspect. JS

I doubt that JS, well not at this moment in time anyway. If that were to come about then yet another Vote! Oh No!! LOL

But would really like to know what if any real change this whole Voting made or will make !
    Waste of time and Peoples hard earned Money if you ask!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can not agree with you Vern as I think that we as a country can move forward as this issue has been put to bed thanks to Albo. I know there are a lot that do not agree with me but that is my view. Lets face it this issue has been placed in the to hard basket for to many years and now both camps can see what transpired. Like yourself can not see a republic one coming in my lifetime at least. It might have cost millions to do but how much would it have cost to just keep delaying it by throwing money at the problem.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#31 I don’t follow party politics so don’t know what he promised the electoric , I voted for the premier of WA as think he did a good job , however he has now gone and will vote whoever I think is fit for the job regardless of party. When I came to live here permanently I found the Labor government was kind to the MN so continued voting for them , however there is no one kind anymore and would think twice about voting for our present PM .If he Carry’s on in the same manner it will be 3 strikes and he’s out , he’s got one to go , that’s my politics and I wouldn’t have it any other way . JS.
    R575129

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For electoric read electorate. Spell changer again jS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th October 2023 at 12:42 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We all know the mystical things that is the Aboriginal culture, things happen that we the new ones to the Country can't understand. On Sat the no vote got up. Whether it was the rage of the long gone aboriginals or what; but what just happened gave my wife and I a little shiver.
    Nice day so we went shopping at Aldis, which is situated on the highest point in Cooma, came out with a trolley full and a wind came completely out of nowhere, started roaring at around 80 to 90 kilometers an hour, blew my wife over to the car just as well she had the mind to put the brakes on her wheely, trolleys flying everywhere, one big one smashed into the car, just as well I had voted Yes, as the handles hit the window and did no damage, then came the snow freezing me as I desperately filled the bags up in the boot, the wind sucked two empty bags out ad away they went, the struggle to close the boot would have been funny if it wasn't like a wrestle, then I had to put the wife's wheely into the back seat, tell you what I was a little worried about driving, only a small car and the wind was tremendous, it did help by pushing us along. Glad the whole sorry mess is now over.
    Des
    Ps The wind has gone but still snowing.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To me the whole exercise was pointless Des my only words on the subject , if had succeeded may of even considered on going back to the UK and starting a movement of the voice for Anglo Saxons all that is needed is 1% blood lines. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th October 2023 at 01:04 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It went to show that the public will not be fooled by gov rhetoric of any kind.

As to the chance of a republic.

Australia is in all but name a republic now.
    Our head of state is the gov general and has been that way since 1907.

The monarch is simply head of the 47 natioins making up the commonwealth.
    If we do become a republic but stay in the commonwealth then nothing in that area will change.

All laws ae signed off by the GG, but as is the case with all countries within the commonwealth copies go to Whitehall.

One of the biggest problems for the republic brigade is how a new head of state would be erected.

The gov says they should, the republicans say the people should.
    Problem there is we could then end up with a USA style where the richest could become president, maybe another Trump!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tell that to the troops who would probably be the first to complain .Having to remove HM from every thing and having to replace all buttons and insignia on uniforms. Although maybe could get away with HE ship , just cross off the M and replace with E , His Excellencies ship. ? What a title for any budding politician with dreams of splendour , maybe even his successors could maybe wangled in to succeed him, maybe all his accompanying baggage could be awarded with titles also. A pollies Dream World ? Never mind the costings The gullible taxpayer will pay for it. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The VOICE did not get up, every state in Australia had a majority vote against it and the Northern Territory where the majority of Aborigines live, now we can all get on with our lives.

14. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4